divx web player crash

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
mohdoh111
meh

divx web player crash

Post#1 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:33 am

My divx web player keeps crashing I did uninstall divx web player then installed it back and I did uninstall the scripts and re installed them i used both chrome and firefox and the same thing happens ''the divx player has crashed''

help Its been now 2 months its been doing this to me help quick !!!!!!!!

john_johnston
Average User

Re: divx web player crash

Post#2 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:46 am

Where to begin...

Since I don't now your system I can only guess ( spinning blind shot )

Well:

Codec conflict?
i.e. K-lite, ff-codec thingy

auto update, is it turned on... if so turn it off.

can you download? does it only crash when you press play or does it play then eventually crash.

Greesemonkey, is it updated and or is it installed.

if you are using firefox the plugin-container can cause it to crash if to many are running. ( directly dependent on ram installed )

Windows had some updates so did firefox and divx had a few within the past month at least so have any of these updates directly related to you?

There are some step-by-step instruction around here somewhere but sometimes ( usually ) you have to re-instal the old version of divx and re-install the monkey and then determine if your DIVX codec are interfering with k-lite or ff dshow or whatever else you have with what browser or error or bad Dwnload.

Then re-update your browser

( remember shot while spinning )

the browser could be an issue because of a re-up / revert to old Divx codec meaning now browser has to have everything re-added.

if all else fails Google it!!!!!!

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Post#3 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:13 pm

Hi mohdoh111,

Divx webplayer crashes are usually related to these settings. Check them and adjust as necessary. If you have not changed any settings related to proxies yourself, or messed around with setting one up, I think you should consider doing a careful scan with at least two different anti-malware products of good reputation (I like malwarebytes antimalware and superantimalware) other than your antivirus - something changed them...

Go to Control Panel --> Internet Options --> Connections --> LAN Settings --> UNCHECK "use a proxy server for your LAN". SELECT "automatically detect settings".

Start -> regedit

open:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

"ProxyEnable"=dword:00000001

change the value to 0 using regedit .

so it shows :

"ProxyEnable"=dword:00000000
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

KarmiTempleMilne
no0b

Post#4 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:11 pm

Hi! I am having the same problem, I am using Chrome, and I have tried...

Go to Control Panel --> Internet Options --> Connections --> LAN Settings --> UNCHECK "use a proxy server for your LAN". SELECT "automatically detect settings". etc...

It still isn't working? Sometimes the Divx player isn't even showing up? I am not very good with computers so any help would be very much appreciated.

finfan815
meh

Post#5 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:34 am

I had all of these problems as well. I just gave up on divx and downloaded the kantaris player. Hasn't given me a problem whatsoever.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=68948
Below VLC Alternative, is the tutorial and information about it.

Return to “Video Players”