DivX Player Crashing when playing HD

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
silentx3ro
Average User

DivX Player Crashing when playing HD

Post#1 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:08 pm

Hey,
I'm hoping someone can help me. The problem I am having is that the DivX Web Player crashes when I am trying to play any links marked as HD on RapidShare.
The player connects, loads and buffers correctly but as soon as the first second of video starts to play the player crashes.
It only occurs on HD videos other vids stream fine.
I'm using a RapidPro account, Google Chrome and Windows 7 64-Bit.
Any help you guys could give would be hugely appreciated!
Cheers
Xero

P.S. While I am here, to save me posting another thread, I have donated to IF in the past and just donated again today, how much/how long is it before you get a yellow name in the forums?
Cheers again!
Xero

Way
RedTek

Re: DivX Player Crashing when playing HD

Post#2 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:27 pm

This post may help there are several on divx crashing...simple search 8 pages (y)

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=27209&hilit=player+crashes
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=58372&hilit=player+crashes
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=36976&hilit=player+crashes

Read Nevermores suggestion it has been posted several times ;)

Topic Author
silentx3ro
Average User

Post#3 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:49 pm

Man, My bad. Did a search but I didn't find anything. Guess I was too specific! :)
Cheers I'll have a look

UPDATE: All my settings were already what Nevermore's post was saying they should be.
Like I said its only crashing when playing back HD and everytime I try to play back HD, so I assume it is somehow related to a setting I know nothing about. Never had a crash playing back SD stuff. I'll keep reading through those threads and see if I can find a fix.

Way
RedTek

Post#4 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:04 pm

You can all way's download it and watch with VLC or stream it while downloading with VLC...

VLC will play everything .... :)

Other than that I don't know maybe someone else will chime in ...

Topic Author
silentx3ro
Average User

Post#5 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:13 pm

Yeah thats probably what I will do.
I'm normally not fussed if its HD or not, but for a couple of eps of shows I'm catching up on the only SD options is 2Shared, and can't get them to work most of the time and when I do I get awful speeds.
Anyhoo downloading to watch now. If I find a solution I'll update the thread for anyone else having this issue.
If anyone has any ideas though feel free to chime in :)
Thanks again.
Xero

Return to “Video Players”