IceFilms movies keep stop and go HELP!

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
patty304
Average User

IceFilms movies keep stop and go HELP!

Post#1 » Sat May 05, 2012 9:31 am

FRUSTRATED!!!...when i go to play a movie (im all up to date VLC etc)....the movie stops and goes keeps doing this....grrrr, sharedbees doesn't even work....i used to be able to set pause for awhile while if was buffering (15 min or so), then movies would be a bit ahead and play....now they are all stop and go. Can't pause now so movie can get ahead.
Any suggestions, someone told me to download Skiptish, so I did that, but it made no difference. Is it me? am I doing something wrong? is anyone else having this problem....?
Thanks for your time guys/gals, I really do appreciate your help.

Oh and how do I delete my old posts?

Way
RedTek

Re: IceFilms movies keep stop and go HELP!

Post#2 » Sat May 05, 2012 9:52 am

No need to delete old posts but if you want to use the Image in the bottom right corner.

Now for the buffer issue you can use the divx player now the fine admins have brought it back. It will pause/cache the file then after time you can watch just like before so all things are back to the way it was before, but better. You have your choice of players ;)
All you need is the divx web player enabled in your browser.
Depending on which browser you use you may have to disable the VLC plug-in if you have it. The vlc plug-in will take over in some browsers so if you don't see the divx player option you either don't have the divx player or the vlc has taken over.

All of this and more are explained in the Tutorial from the main page.
There is also download links for the old divx web player, plus instructions on how to manage plug-in's in FireFox and Chrome.
It is all on Window's and FireFox as that is what I use, but it should be enough to get you on your way. Just click the picture if you need more help come back and someone will try their best ;)

Topic Author
patty304
Average User

Post#3 » Sat May 05, 2012 10:07 am

where in the browser do i see if the divx is enabled...i don't see it...

Way
RedTek

Post#4 » Sat May 05, 2012 10:12 am

I have that in my Tutorial

How to manage plug-in's
FireFox>goto>greasmonkey>manage user scripts>plug-in's

Chrome>Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar.
Select Settings.
Click the Under the Hood tab.
Click Content settings in the "Privacy" section.
Then click disable individual plug-in's.

Topic Author
patty304
Average User

Post#5 » Sat May 05, 2012 10:48 am

Ok I’ve disabled vlc plug in… and divx web player is enabled (older version)….i use firefox ….
But some movies start and stop start and stop…I just don’t get it….unless I’m doing something wrong…I have watched the tutorial over and over….come over here and help me… lol...
I have to go out for abit....please come back to me, I can tell you are a genious at this...
And i am very grateful....
thank you!!!

Way
RedTek

Post#6 » Sat May 05, 2012 5:17 pm

Well if what ever host your using is slow then you will have the stop/start- buffer problem no matter what player you use.

With the divx player you can pause then wait and watch the blue progress bar as it loads it will move to the right when you feel you have enough of the file loaded/cached then you can play without problems.

The VLC player doesn't have this option of pausing.

Try different host and you will see which works better for you.

Depending where you are and where the hosts server is _ the distance between you and it will affect your speed. So try till you find the one/one's that work/has the best speed.
With the divx player you will see a speed/download thingy (he-he that is tech) in the top right of the player. That will help you ;)

Topic Author
patty304
Average User

Post#7 » Sun May 06, 2012 9:13 am

Thanks Wayhigh....she's a working today...not the best but will do, I'll use the Divx player and just pause for abit if need be...thanks again for your time and help, it's much appreciated......

Way
RedTek

Post#8 » Sun May 06, 2012 9:19 am

Your very welcome I'm just glad I could help :)

Topic Author
patty304
Average User

Post#9 » Wed May 09, 2012 6:39 am

for some reason now when i click on a movie and the divx player (not VLC) it doesn't play with the pause option where i could see the blue progress bar, it did a couple of nights ago, what happened to it?.....I have been uninstalling and reinstalling divx player so often I'm surprised I haven't worn it out. When I click on the VLC absolutley does not work, I have installed and reinstalled it...it just sits there then eventually says can not play.....grrrr!
I also find movies during evening hours will not connect, I have tried to get machine gun preacher at least 25 times during evening hours, but come A.M......not a problem.....FRUSTRATING!!!!

Topic Author
patty304
Average User

Post#10 » Wed May 09, 2012 11:21 am

I don't understand the difference in pics ...other than one is Divx player....and the other says flash player...mine does not say flash player, I get that stupid KONE VLC...grrrr...now can't insert pic to show you.... (devil)

rambof07
no0b

Post#11 » Thu May 17, 2012 10:05 am

ooh you really faced a problem . .i think there may be some technical issue !

Return to “Video Players”