Having Trouble with VLC & ICE Check this out:Tutorial/How to

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
un4gettable47
Heart on for IceFlims

Having Trouble with VLC & ICE Check this out:Tutorial/How to

Post#1 » Sat May 05, 2012 6:02 pm

K, Here u go people. This is for anyone that needs any help with the "divx plus player". I don't think the old divx player can handle all the new formats being uploaded, so I would go "plus". You may not know it, but you have to empty your temp folder for the divx plus player (it is hard to find, I'll show u how). Below is the link to the tutorial/comparisons of the different variety of media/web players. Also, this is a good video to for icefilms staff to watch, I think most people have been dealing with what I show in the video using VLC streaming (it is not always this bad, it's just really bad during busiest times, ie...11PM...But it is never good enough 4 me to use, just a little better some times) Maybe during dead time or morning I might be able to use VLC without many buffering stops, but that is simply not ideal. It is a good option if it works, so it should stay because it obviously works for some people. And I know that people may use any media player they want, but is more convienient to have it available as a play button instead of copying link. So most popular/best media/web players should be available as a play button. Does not really matter though. NE WAYS...

I was going to make this video mainly to show icefilms staff the problem I believed most people were having, while also offering a few solutions. But then icefilms added divx webplayer again, so now it is mainly for help. But the video still shows the huge difference the type media/web player can have on the video playback. Here is the link, comment/rate.

And thanks icefilms for adding divx webplayer support. I reccomend divx "plus"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UADbgauws8
Last edited by un4gettable47 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Re: Having Trouble with VLC & ICE Check this out:Tutorial/Ho

Post#2 » Sat May 05, 2012 6:26 pm

Also here is another video showing how u can simply download an icefilms file faster than using your web browser, also with a chance of being able to watch as it downloads too. This option is great for those that cannot stream on icefilms ever/rarely and have to download instead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQChCtLcps0[/quote]

I am going to drop a few tabs of acid and sync that with pink floyd.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Topic Author
un4gettable47
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#3 » Sat May 12, 2012 6:49 pm

Repdaddy wrote:Also here is another video showing how u can simply download an icefilms file faster than using your web browser, also with a chance of being able to watch as it downloads too. This option is great for those that cannot stream on icefilms ever/rarely and have to download instead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQChCtLcps0

I am going to drop a few tabs of acid and sync that with pink floyd.[/quote]
:lol: (rofl) I don't get it? lol

and i removed the link repdaddy is talking about, he is talking about BitComet...
Last edited by un4gettable47 on Sun May 13, 2012 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

THE GRACKLE
Insomniac

Post#4 » Sun May 13, 2012 12:26 am

unforgettable47

You make some valid points. Divx plus works with a few glitches sporadically. I go the extra few clicks and use the potplayer so as to not have the Divxplus stuttering problems. Some folk here on ICE are stuck on VLC. It is their problem, not ours. We, as you pointed out, can use the player of our choice.

Your heart is in the right place.

It is unfortunate that some people need to drop a few tabs in order to listen to Floyd.
Some people are so fond of ill luck they run halfway to meet it

supernova
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#5 » Fri May 18, 2012 8:15 pm

Yes, PotPlayer is right solution for streaming.
Acid ? Pink Floyd ?
I am just drinking black tea and listening latest Paradise Lost.

Last bumped by un4gettable47 on Fri May 18, 2012 8:15 pm.

Return to “Video Players”