Trouble with loading newer videos on Divx

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
EscapeLadder
no0b

Trouble with loading newer videos on Divx

Post#1 » Mon May 21, 2012 3:27 pm

I am having issues viewing newer videos on Divx. I get to the site, I click on the divx button and the loading screen pops up, but the video never loads (it stays in a perpetual state of "loading"). How can I fix this? I can still stream older videos (most recently last week's episodes), but I cannot stream any of the episodes from this past Sunday May 20. Thank you all in advance.

Way
RedTek

Re: Trouble with loading newer videos on Divx

Post#2 » Mon May 21, 2012 3:37 pm

What version Divx are you using?
The old version will not play MKV/MP4 files you have to use the new version or VLC.

IF you have the old version it will show a Flash button instead of Divx.

But the first thing to try is clearing Divx Cache folder.
While the video is trying to load Right Click on the player and goto>preferences>then cache and click the clear cache button.
You should also clear your browser Cache. you didn't say which you use so search or post back if you don't know how.

That should fix your problem ;)
I'll check back in a few but more Info more help (yes) browser,os,player versions ;)

Topic Author
EscapeLadder
no0b

Post#3 » Mon May 21, 2012 4:57 pm

Hey, thanks for the reply. I can't find the DivX cache folder you talked about. I use google chrome on a Mac OSX. I am not sure what DivX player version I have, but its the one we were told not to upgrade from? Has that changed?

Way
RedTek

Post#4 » Mon May 21, 2012 7:32 pm

IM'A PC sorry can't help

frenzen
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#5 » Mon May 21, 2012 8:03 pm

@EscapeLadder I use Mac OSX, I noticed the samething with chrome and try using firefox, chrome sometimes lag and doesn't work.
http://bit.ly/1dmDR5u << my favorite sammich from quiznos

Topic Author
EscapeLadder
no0b

Post#6 » Mon May 21, 2012 9:53 pm

Thanks for all your input. I updated DivX and I tried to use firefox to stream. On Chrome it works some of the time, on firefox it's still hanging on the loading screen. Is this problem really specific to streaming Game of Thrones?

Way
RedTek

Post#7 » Mon May 21, 2012 10:05 pm

Don't know ask the expert ?

supernova
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#8 » Tue May 22, 2012 12:56 am

Maybe you are trying to watch unstreamable MP4 files and you should wait whole file to load before watching it.

Return to “Video Players”