Not loading? (NOT VLC, FLASH/DIVX)

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
OLIVERBELL
no0b

Not loading? (NOT VLC, FLASH/DIVX)

Post#1 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:22 pm

Ok so on the 180 upload site, vid hog and sharebees, jumboupload i'm always trying to load the videos and they just keep showing the loading circle that spins. Sometimes it'll come up, but the loading is so slow.
this happened recently.

please, someone try to stream this on the flash player. is this only happening to me???
i tried jumbo and sharebees on this link.
http://www.icefilms.info/ip.php?v=154961&
its not only this link, may of them.

could my isp be blocking it? how can i find out if they are, how can i unblock

verizon fios

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Re: Not loading? (NOT VLC, FLASH/DIVX)

Post#2 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:27 pm

working for me, but d/l is really slow... maybe the same for you?
Now I've got a link... What the hell do I do with it?

Considering helping us find links? Please read this!

Topic Author
OLIVERBELL
no0b

Post#3 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:39 pm

well i mean, yes i can DOWNLOAD it if i click that button: and yes, it is slow. but if i try to stream it, it doesn't even come up. hold on, let me try another link that doesnt work for me.

alrighty...this is 180 upload. can you flash stream it?

Code: Select all

http://180upload.com/1r6l7kojrngy

http://www.icefilms.info/ip.php?v=154925&

for that episode, in jumbo files when i click download, it's very fast. but it won't stream! now i understand that these sites have a toll taken on them by ice users, but the dl is still fast for me there for THAT EPISODE ON JUMBOFILES, indicating that it's not a bandwidth problem.
Last edited by Way on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Code all download links

Way
RedTek

Post#4 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:54 pm

OLIVERBELL wrote:well i mean, yes i can DOWNLOAD it if i click that button: and yes, it is slow. but if i try to stream it, it doesn't even come up. hold on, let me try another link that doesnt work for me.

http://www.icefilms.info/ip.php?v=154925&

for that episode, in jumbo files when i click download, it's very fast. but it won't stream! now i understand that these sites have a toll taken on them by ice users, but the dl is still fast for me there for THAT EPISODE ON JUMBOFILES, indicating that it's not a bandwidth problem.

Well there is your answer it is the other host having problems ?

Read what you write ?
THAT EPISODE ON JUMBOFILES, indicating that it's not a bandwidth problem.

which source there are 2 ?
(laugh)

Yes I can ;)

Way
RedTek

Post#5 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:17 am

well i mean, yes i can DOWNLOAD it if i click that button: and yes, it is slow. but if i try to stream it, it doesn't even come up

"Streaming" describes the act of playing media on one device when the media is saved on another. The media could be saved on a computer, media server (file host) or network attached server (NAS) on your home network (hard drive of a second computer). A network media player can access that file and play it on your home theater. The file does not need to be moved or copied to the device that is playing it.
The media you want to play could come from an online website(Like the hosts here), or Netflix music sites like Pandora, Rhapsody and last.fm, are examples of websites that stream movies and music to your computer and/or network media player. When you click to play a video on YouTube or a TV show on ABC, NBC, CBS or Hulu, you are streaming the media from that website to your computer or network media player (Downloading from there to you). Streaming happens in real time; the file is delivered to your computer (downloaded) and played at the same time.
The other way to play media on your network media player or computer is to "download" the file. When a file is downloaded from a website, the file is saved to your computer's or network media player’s hard drive. When you download a file, you can play the file at a later time.
But no matter whether Downloading or Streaming the file comes from there to you "downloaded" streaming from Youtube is also downloading the difference is the file is saved to a temp/cache folder that will be deleted when you clear browser cache. This is why we tell you when ever you have a problem to clear browser cache and divx cache.

A website that streams video will often have a "buffer." Several seconds of video is streamed to your computer or network media player in order to keep the video playing in the event of an interruption of the internet connection.
You must have a fast connection so there aren't pauses or hiccups in the video playback. Higher quality video -- high definition video with digital surround sound -- requires a faster connection. (Divx downloaded a buffer temp file that was saved on your system until you cleaned your divx cache folder if you didn't then it is still on your system) You can still do the same thing with the new script it is just called download as everything is downloaded then this should not be an issue.

You must have a fast internet connection to stream high definition videos from the internet without interruption. It is best to have an internet connection of at least 2 megabits per second (Mbps). HD video may require over 3 Mbps so the video doesn't not have to pause as it buffers.
When streaming from the internet, it is not only the speed of your connection that guarantees a smooth viewing experience. Factors such as the amount of traffic on the website -- that is, the number of people watching videos at the same time -- and the speed of the websites server connection can influence how well the the media is streamed to you.

So you have to have a fast ISP connection and a fast connection to the host if you don't have both of these you will have the buffer problem.
If this is the case then you can download the file it is just like before with the divx Temp download file that was saved on your system until deleted when you cleared your divx cache folder.
(It was always downloaded)
Everything you access from the internet even this post is downloaded to your computer!!!!

I hope you all now understand that there is no magic stream it is simply downloading.

You will have to test which hosts work better for you depending on where you live and the hosts server location to you, you may have better luck with one or the other. If none of the host are fast for you then be patient and wait on the slow free speeds or get out the $$$ and get a Premium account.... until more/different hosts are added this is it....

Topic Author
OLIVERBELL
no0b

Post#6 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:29 am

I think I confused you.
I'm going to say it without using the word "stream".
My ISP is fast, I recently switched to an even faster one.
I used to be able to click the play button in the iceplugin when I enter a site,
and after a few seconds of seeing the loading circle, it would play and I would
see the bar on the bottom slowly gain a darker color. Obviously, some videos
had the darkening of the bar slower than others, but usually it was quick and on point.
Now, the circle just stays.

I avoided VLC. I used flash or divx.
Overachiever says that he was able to get to see that video.
By accident, I left that tab alone, and out of nowhere I heard it play.
I noticed the bar had darkened all the way.

already cleared cookies, cache.

Way
RedTek

Post#7 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:35 am

I think I confused you.

No I think you are

Overachiever says that he was able to get to see that video.

My name is Way (angry)

I used to be able to click the play button in the iceplugin

Sorry don't have that on my computer.

Are you on What ? you never said and I can't help with out that INFO (facepalm)

I don't play with
Casio Watches/Game systems/ATV's they don't cumpute (highfive)

Way
RedTek

Post#8 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:43 am

Please Don't Call me Out to be Stupid when your here asking ?'s

Topic Author
OLIVERBELL
no0b

Post#9 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:47 am

I wasn't calling you stupid.
Forget it. Bye.

trixie
Sex Robot

Post#10 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:49 am

I was able to stream the 180 link for Eureka in the flash player, but only after the entire file had loaded in the player. Some mp4s will play right away in the flash player, others need to completely load first. The latter situation is the case with all the releases from ASAP, which is the source of the Eureka file you linked to (Eureka.S05E08.HDTV.x264-ASAP.mp4).

You might want to update your divx web player to the latest version which will allow you to play mp4s in the divx player instead of the flash player. This Eureka episode started streaming right away in my latest version of the divx plus web player. The latest version is not perfect, but if it's causing too many problems you can always uninstall and go back to an earlier version.

Way
RedTek

Post#11 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:05 am

Yea I gave up on Flash a long time ago the new divx will work fine but it shutters/shakes for me . I meself use VLC sorry but that is the way it is / Wait for full download of the Stream or upgrade your player.

JWplayer(flash) has a update you may want to try that ;)

Return to “Video Players”