Can't get the new VLC/ICE system to work ;(

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
firdaus125
no0b

Can't get the new VLC/ICE system to work ;(

Post#1 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:15 am

I used to use icefilms a lot until megaupload got shut down, it was and will always be my favourite streaming site because of the quality stuff it has. Recently I tried to re-use ICE but I can't get it to work. What happens is that I have GM installed, ICE 5.3 installed and the latest VLC player but when i click on the player and Open with (VLC.xspf) the VLC player opens but the file doesn't play. Any idea what the problem is? I'm not sure if I did everything right, are there specific settings i have to use in VLC or my divx player? does the version of the divx player matter too?
Last edited by fatgirlstryhard on Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: moved to tech/help.

Topic Author
firdaus125
no0b

Re: Can't get the new VLC/ICE system to work ;(

Post#2 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:33 am

I also edited the options for the VLC player but it still doesn't play videos ...

trixie
Sex Robot

Re: Can't get the new VLC/ICE system to work ;(

Post#3 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:46 am

VLC cant stream some of the mp4 files, like the ones from the release group ASAP. And the JW (flash) Player cant steam some of those files either until the entire file has buffered/downloaded.

Install the latest version of the Divx Plus Web Player http://www.divx.com/en/software/divx-plus/web-player and try using that to stream the mp4 files. It works for many users, but not for everyone. If it's too problematic you can always remove it and reinstall the older more stable version, but the old one will only play avi files.

You could always just download the video, then play it in VLC once the download has finished. You'll never have a problem playing a video with this method, however you will need to exercise some patience waiting for the download to finish. If you cant wait, then you'll have to deal with all of the problems that come with streaming.

Return to “Video Players”