issue's with downloaded programmes with VLC

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
eastend1
Heart on for IceFlims

issue's with downloaded programmes with VLC

Post#1 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:46 pm

i prefer to download and then watch films/programmes on VLC, streaming inatant always gave me problems, now my download is doing the same, i followed allthe instructions goven for buffering prob etc with the VLC and still have the issue, i delet many things running ion the backgroun with task manager and yet as soon as i run VLc my CPU runs at 100 with VLC at 80, it's driving me nuts pls help

with the instant play the yellow line goes along the player buffering and it stops every cpl min and rebuffers i leave it for 20 min and it does the same thing, i run off a acer laptop thats about 4 yrs old but i never had issues only last few weeks

Topic Author
eastend1
Heart on for IceFlims

Re: issue's with downloaded programmes with VLC

Post#2 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:48 pm

one other thing does this make a diff? when i download it auto downloads with windows media symbol, and i have to click on play with VLC

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Post#3 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:30 pm

You are running into an issue with the vlc player's cache.

It will not store the whole thing. For internet streaming, the player has a fairly small cache that will fill quite rapidly. There are settings you can change to increase it slightly for better performance, but even these settings don;t always help.

The best way to stream a file with vlc is to download the file directly to your harddrive and, while it is still downloading, open the .part file with the VLC player. This way it's not dependant on the internet stream for it's cache, it's pulling it from the hard drive instead.

Having the windows media symbol instead of the vlc symbol on the file simply means that the primary program usedon your computer to watch them will be the windows media player. There are preferences that you can set that will change this for you.
Now I've got a link... What the hell do I do with it?

Considering helping us find links? Please read this!

Topic Author
eastend1
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#4 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:26 pm

thxs Gspat
i will do that and see what happens, i'm still a little confused because it's only just started happening, it was ok before, so i watch the rest of the programme on C4 iplayer and even with that the stream was running slow?

Topic Author
eastend1
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#5 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:05 pm

hi Gspat also anyone in the tech know

i did waht u said start downloading and watch it, well 45 min into the programme and with 14 min remaining 80%ish downloaded it stop but the audio was still playing perfectly, is there some clearing up i need to do like clear cache's of vlc or flashplayer or something like that? it's becoming very frustrating only because i never had an issue a cpl weeks ago
pls help oh i am comp lit if ur gonna explain pls write it in idiot mode
thxs

Return to “Video Players”