VLC not opening in browser

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
PaintChipz
Average User

VLC not opening in browser

Post#1 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:12 am

i tried browsing the forums, Man there is a ton of shyt to read in here. But i wasn't able to find the solution to my problem. as of late VLC player started opening as a pop up box instead just loading in the browser and wont stream anything. I have even tried uninstalling and reinstalling in the proper order. Just wondering if maybe there is a setting within VLC that will stop it from opening outside of the box. It downloads a temporary internet file first, Than it tries to open and stream that way and its never done that before. Any clues. Thanks guys.

Topic Author
PaintChipz
Average User

Re: VLC not opening in browser

Post#2 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:32 am

Figured id add this on too
Your input can't be opened:
VLC is unable to open the MRL 'http://108.163.248.18:182/d/x5f5zrd24kfp7yqk6wzqo3pnehh3w6bkc7j7stiwd4heocpqaupyad5i/video.avi'. Check the log for details.

Way
RedTek

Post#3 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:56 am

VLC has always open outside of the browser it is a stand alone program if it was opening in the browser then you had the VLC plug-in turned on in your browser settings.

The can not open MRL is cause by one of two things first your AVS/firewall has VLC blocked, or and most likely cause is a connection issue with the host that the link is on.

If your not sure what plug-in's you have installed/turned on you can check the Tutorial in it will be how to manage plug-in's with instructions for some common browsers.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=68515

Topic Author
PaintChipz
Average User

Post#4 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:45 am

The link you posted was one of the first links i checked. I didnt find much help from there. The firewall is a good one that i have not even thought about. Im Checking that now. Its weird because normally i have Divx Web player and VLC plugin through firefox both installed and it always worked like a charm. wasnt till recently when i click to start streaming using vlc that it asks me to down load a file, which is when i get that error. normally when i use to hit the play button or stream content through VLC or DIvx it would just start streaming on the browser never a pop up box. and yes i do have the plug in.

Also when all this wacky stuff started happening, When i click on Divx to play/ stream video. It than opens up the Web player of VLC in the browser.

but either way, With only one player installed at a time. Neither one can load the video's

Topic Author
PaintChipz
Average User

Post#5 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:48 am

Mark this under a win for now. I enabled both vlc and divx through the Windows Firewall and it started loading the movies. Still outside of the browser. but at least its loading them now. Appreciate the good work.

Return to “Video Players”