could not load divx webplayer (chrome)

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
versuslight
Average User

could not load divx webplayer (chrome)

Post#1 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:35 am

this has been a consistent thing for me now. divx player will not load in chrome or safari. restarte browser and computer. removing and reinstalling DWP next. if that doesnt work.... any other ideas?

Russtronic™
The One

Re: could not load divx webplayer (chrome)

Post#2 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:44 am

We need more info like Platform and Operating System. From the small amount of info given I would guess Mac but that still doesn't tell your Op sys.

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#3 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:56 am

Also make mention of any recent updates. If you are reinstalling the DWP, try an older version first.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Topic Author
versuslight
Average User

Post#4 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:23 am

using the listed version of DWP with os x 10.6.8.

Liesel
meh

Post#5 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:20 am

I am having the same problem as of this morning. I was actually playing one video in divx through icefilms in one window, and then when I tried to load another, it gave me this error message. I am also on a Mac 10.6.8. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the listed version of DWP and restarting my computer, to no avail. Any ideas? I have never been able to get VLC to work, so the only way I can watch is through divx.

Russtronic™
The One

Post#6 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:49 am

Have you tried Firefox?

Liesel
meh

Post#7 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:59 am

It doesn't work in Firefox either. But instead of "could not load divx web player," it just says that "some plugins used on this page are out of date" and doesn't even try to load divx.

Russtronic™
The One

Post#8 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:32 pm

Are you using VLC?

Liesel
meh

Post#9 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:58 pm

No. As I said, VLC has never worked for me--that's why I was using the divx web player. I've followed all of the directions for configuring it and it still doesn't work. Now that divx doesn't work either, I'm unable to watch anything on icefilms. Any advice would be appreciated.

Russtronic™
The One

Post#10 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:57 pm

There has to be something new added to make it not work if it was working before. Have you added anything new?

Liesel
meh

Post#11 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:15 am

Nope, I hadn't added or changed anything, which was why it was so weird. I was actually playing a divx video in another window of the same browser (Chrome) when I tried to load a second one and first got the error message. I hadn't added anything to Chrome or even done any Mac software updates to the overall OS.

Russtronic™
The One

Post#12 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:54 am

I have a feeling I know what happened. Un-install Chrome and re-install then try. This is a Mac hang up.

hinsaru
no0b

Post#13 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:31 am

I had the same exactomento problem. I think either DIVX stopped supporting old versions of it's player... I simply re-downloaded the current version of DiVx at: http://www.divx.com/en/software/divx-plus/web-player (Select Free Download on the Top Right), restarted my computer, and it started working again!

Liesel
meh

Post#14 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:05 pm

Russtronic found the solution for me; I had to completely uninstall and reinstall Chrome. I don't mean just dragging the app to the trash, but also removing the cache, the preferences file, and the folder in the application support part of the library. Now divx is working for me again. Installing a newer version of divx, restarting my computer, etc. didn't work. But I'm glad it's working again! Thanks for all of the suggestions, and if anyone else is having this problem, try completely removing everything from Chrome. There are tutorials online for where to find all of the relevant files that you need to delete. I can't get divx to work with icefilms on Firefox or Safari, so Chrome is my only option at this point!

Liesel
meh

Post#15 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:05 pm

Apparently I spoke too soon. I was able to load and play one video, and then the next time I tried to watch, I got the same error message again. I imagine that it will work again once I delete and reinstall Chrome, but I don't want to have to do that every single day in order to be able to watch one video per day. Any further suggestions?

Return to “Video Players”