Having troubles with sound HELP

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
ykazi
meh

Having troubles with sound HELP

Post#1 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:53 pm

Can someone please help. I probably tried download 3-4 different codecs and still cant get no sound. I downloaded perian then some ac3 codec still didn't work so I downloaded 3ivx and set it as my default. Still no luck, ive been trying this all day.

Way
RedTek

Re: Having troubles with sound HELP

Post#2 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:39 am

We need more info about your system.
I downloaded perian

This makes me think your on a MAC? if so then perian as far as I know is the codec pack that works the best I am a PC so I am not certain about this maybe a MAC user will chime in on this topic.

If your using VLC you don't need any codec packs VLC has all needed codecs built in codecs will only be needed for the older Divx I think again not sure as I don't use Divx anymore, but I think the newest Divx has better codecs built in and shouldn't need any extras. Again maybe a user of the new Divx will chime in on this topic.
Hope you get this problem sorted out.
I moved your post to it's own Topic so people can find it instead of being buried in that multi page old topic you had it in.

Topic Author
ykazi
meh

Post#3 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:37 am

Hey,

Appreciate the reply. Yes, I am on a Mac. I downloaded the new div x, but I guess the new codecs didn't pick up the sound. I have tried perian too, no luck. I will play around with it a bit more. I know its a quick fix, because I had this problem with my imac before. I just cant remember which codec I downloaded. Unfortunately the old imac broke down.

Way
RedTek

Post#4 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:40 pm

yea I will ask Imapirate what he has he is a Mac user.

not sure but you may have conflicting codecs I have read that having several codecs packs can cause a problem.

Don't worry someone here will help you get it sorted out ....

imApirate
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#5 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:38 pm

I am not sure what the problem could be, maybe you have too many codecs installed. Uninstall all of them, and just download VLC and see if you will get any sound. I will ask a few other mac users I know, but I don't want to point you in the wrong direction.

Topic Author
ykazi
meh

Post#6 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:22 pm

Alright thanks. Yea VLC doesnt work on the new macs. I will try deleting the codecs that are on right now and just download perian. To reiterate what the error is, "This file contains a track in an unknown format. You may need to install a QuickTime decoder for this audio format in order to hear the soundtrack of this file."

Topic Author
ykazi
meh

Post#7 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:44 pm

Its so weird, like expendables is working but for dexter and some other shows it gives me that error.

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#8 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:13 pm

Try this forum http://www.moviecodec.com/. Let us know if you get it solved.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

imApirate
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#9 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:17 pm

What do you mean VLC doesn't work on the new Macs? What kind of Mac do you have? I have a 2011 MacBook Pro, and VLC works perfectly fine for me.

Topic Author
ykazi
meh

Post#10 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:56 pm

Hey,

No luck, I tried uninstalling perian and then added ac3 codec, still no sound. I discovered two folders, one under the hd/library/quicktime < thats where I was dropping the codecs, right now I have the Divx encoder and decoder.

I saw that under HD>System>Library>Quicktime. This folder has a whole bunch of components too.

Yeah, I downloaded vlc-2.0.4 which is recommended for snow leoperd.
It says VLC is not recognized.

Return to “Video Players”