Can't Watch Videos

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
finfan815
meh

Can't Watch Videos

Post#1 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:05 am

Whenever I attempt to watch something from this site, no matter which website it's linked through, my laptop freezes. I can get to the page where you have to click on continue to video. Then once I select it, Firefox pretty much freezes up for a few minutes (not responding). Then it says that the script has stopped working, "continue or stop script". Obviously if I pick stop script I can't watch the video, and if I hit continue it freezes again. Any suggestions on what the problem might be would be greatly appreciated.

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Re: Can't Watch Videos

Post#2 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:42 pm

Disable all your add-ons and try again in safe mode.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Topic Author
finfan815
meh

Post#3 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:37 pm

that did not seem to solve my issue. Thanks for the help though

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#4 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:57 pm

The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Topic Author
finfan815
meh

Post#5 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:33 am

well i found out the problem was that i had the vlc web plug in disabled. but i hate using it because there is no cache and it always skips, never buffers correctly

Way
RedTek

Post#6 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:47 am

IMPORTANT:Turn on the Divx web player plug-in. If you have the VLC plug-in, disable it.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=68515

Way
RedTek

Post#7 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:49 am

How to manage plugins

FireFox
Greasemonkey>manage user scripts>plugins

Chrome
Click wrench icon in the toolbar>Settings>Under the Hood tab>Content settings in the "Privacy" section>disable individual plug-in's

IE
tools>manage add-on's

Topic Author
finfan815
meh

Post#8 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:09 am

ya i know that. but when i have divx enabled and vlc disabled, the page freezes and says that script has stopped working

Return to “Video Players”