Basic firefox video player

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
TES2240
no0b

Basic firefox video player

Post#1 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:10 pm

Hi I've spent the better part of a week trying to solve this so hopefully someone will be able to help me!

I got a new laptop recently and proceeded to install firefox, whenever I went to a streaming site like billionuploads i would see a very bare bones video player, white bar with black controls , a play button, seek bar an in-line volume control (speaker then 4-5 volume bar triangle) and a full screen button (which I think was 4 arrows pointing out diagonally).

This layer worked perfectly and everything was working fine.

Then a few days ago i installed vlc to preview a video I created, installing vlc seamed to overwrite this nice "bare bones" video player with a VLC player, which just refused to work for me. So i uninstalled VLC but when i when to sites i just got the standard firefox missing plugin image. I Tried installing divx webplayer 1.5.0 but it doesn't seam to work with the new file formats that videos are released in and also doesn't work nearly as nicely as the "bare bones" player i had.

My question is does anyone know what the "bare bones" player was and/or how do I get it back?

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Re: Basic firefox video player

Post#2 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:43 pm

The "bare bones player" had to have been a player you installed. Unless you uninstalled that player, you still have it. When you install VLC, if you do not deselect it as your default player guess what? It will be your default player. Without knowing your OS, I cannot tell tou where to change your default settings. Google "change default player [your OS]". That should put you on track ;)
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Topic Author
TES2240
no0b

Post#3 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:39 pm

I'm using windows 7, and I'm not talking about a player like windows media or normal VLC, but a streaming player like any flash videos, youtube, or the vlc/divx web player that appear in a browser.

Basically I would go to a site and the box where a vlc / divx web player plug-in would appear i would have this bare-bones player, which as far as I know I never installed

Way
RedTek

Post#4 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:43 pm

The Barebones Player would be JWplayer it is a default Flash Player it will show up as a Red play button on the IQS player. It plays .mp4 files if you have the older divx 1.x player plug-in. As the older Divx player didn't support .mp4. The newer Divx web player 2.x will play .mp4 so if you have the newer divx player 2.x then the play button will show up Blue.

And if you have the VLC player plug-in then the player will show as Orange. VLC will play .mp4.

The only way to get back to the way it was is to Disable the VLC plug-in and prolly the divx web player you have (if it is the newer version 2.x), and then Re-install the older Divx Player 1.x

Here is the older version 1.x
Windows (DivX Web Player 1.5)
Mac OS (DivX Web Player 1.4)

Now you should only have the 1.x version Divx web player in your browser extensions/plug-in's , and now when you load a host it will show 1 play button depending on what file format your watching it will be Blue for .avi and Red for .mp4 The only problem with this setup is that you will not have any player to support .mkv
It could be possible to have more than one plug-in and then just disable/enable depending on what you need at the time per file format.

I hope this makes sense and helps you understand what and why you have different player buttons.

I don't stream anything as I download and watch after with VLC stand alone player and then delete the file.

Topic Author
TES2240
no0b

Post#5 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:05 pm

YES :D installing Divx 1.5 then disabling the plugin in firefox causes the JWPlayer to reappear
Thank you!! I can finally go back to hassle free streaming :D

Way
RedTek

Post#6 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:49 pm

Glad you got it setup to your likings.

Have Fun ;)

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#7 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:23 pm

(y) good
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Return to “Video Players”