Pausing movie then playing back, restarts the entire movie

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
lovinIT
Average User

Pausing movie then playing back, restarts the entire movie

Post#1 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:03 pm

Why is it that any time I pause ANY of the movies, shows, etc. and then come back or play after about a minute or two or longer, it restarts from the beginning or I have to restart the entire the thing. It has happened on numerous occasions on different links.

Way
RedTek

Re: Pausing movie then playing back, restarts the entire mov

Post#2 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:47 am

What player are you using to watch?

Way
RedTek

Post#3 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:53 am

If your using VLC which should be the only player to cause this problem then you need to set some preferences for VLC.
This is covered in the Tutorial post Read through it if you don't understand how to get to this setting.

viewtopic.php?f=24&p=189103#p189103

Pause Issue Fix:
VLC -> tools -> preferences -> show settings: all -> input/codecs -> access modules -> HTTP(S) -> Auto re-connect ->Save after each change

Topic Author
lovinIT
Average User

Post#4 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:27 pm

Way wrote:If your using VLC which should be the only player to cause this problem then you need to set some preferences for VLC.
This is covered in the Tutorial post Read through it if you don't understand how to get to this setting.

viewtopic.php?f=24&p=189103#p189103

Pause Issue Fix:
VLC -> tools -> preferences -> show settings: all -> input/codecs -> access modules -> HTTP(S) -> Auto re-connect ->Save after each change

Hello - I am using VLC, and the settings are the same. Auto re-connect & Forward Cookies are checked but I experience the same issues.

Way
RedTek

Post#5 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:04 pm

What version VLC are you running ? They may have changed something from the time of my Tutorial ? I'm running version 2.0 on this system and 1.1.11 on the other.

I don't think VLC has changed enough to cause this problem because your the first to post.

Have you tried to clear your browser cache/cookies/DNS cache flush ?

I use Ccleaner it has a section for multimedia and VLC is listed so it will clear the VLC cache/temp files plus others/more.

Some people don't like Ccleaner but I have it on all my computers and Love it.

Topic Author
lovinIT
Average User

Post#6 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:25 pm

The issue exist since inception when VLC was introduced here (few months ago), but I continued to ignore it, but now it should be addressed and whether others are/were having this issue?!

On this machine, the version is "VLC media player 2.0.1 Twoflower" . Don't know the version on my other screen, but the issue exist on both.

I do not have ccleaner but have used others and have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware which is pretty good/decent which others couldn't detect.

Way
RedTek

Post#7 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:00 pm

I'm sorry you are having problems with this. I don't; I can pause,stop,FF,RR without issues.
Are you on a PC ?

Topic Author
lovinIT
Average User

Post#8 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:42 pm

That's quite interesting that you aren't having the issue. I am using PC & Lappy.

I guess I'll continue to live with it.

Return to “Video Players”