Need some help about streaming.

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
SirBira
Average User

Need some help about streaming.

Post#1 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:55 pm

Hey!
been a while since i used icefilms, i took a break after megupload got busted and all.
What i wanna ask you guys is if there is a possible way to stream videos perfect without lag/buffs?
When im using VLC it works, but after maybe 5-7sec its stops for a few seconds so that it can buff, but im having 100mbit/s network so it should'nt be any problems.
What can i do?

Thanks
/ HerrBira

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Re: Need some help about streaming.

Post#2 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:59 am

The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Way
RedTek

Re: Need some help about streaming.

Post#3 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:23 am

VLC doesn't cache to the hard drive like DIVX it plays direct from the host.
VLC has a really small cache size 5 seconds if you followed the tutorial.

Your speed doesn't determine how fast you download from a host.
The hosts will determine how fast they let you download (sever load,your location from the sever,ECT) if they are slow you will have the buffer problem.
If you have this problem and insist on using VLC then the simplest thing is to just download the file, and watch after it is finished or watch the .part file after it has had a few minutes head start.
Then delete the file after your done with it.

If you use divx it does cache to disk so you can pause it and let it get a head start before watching.

The other thing is to get premium from the host to increase your download speed from them. Which 180 and Billion doesn't even offer.

Return to “Video Players”