problem srteaming with vlc

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
feral_shade
Average User

problem srteaming with vlc

Post#1 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:02 am

I was watching Merlin (S03 Ep05) on Firefox (18.0) streaming from a 2shared link on VLC (2.0.2) (ICE 5.5, Greasemonkey 1.5).
It was working fine until i decided to rewind it a little.

However, when I clicked on the progress bar, the VLC window just became blank.
When I closed out of it and re-attempted to stream the link, it just loads a blank VLC window.
I tried closing out of the browser and clearing the cache and trying again, and had the same results.
I tried uninstalling VLC and installing the newer version (2.0.4)...and it still doesn't work.

There are 2 other links for that episode, but Rapidshare doesn't stream...it just offers an hour and a half download...and BillionUploads works, but after every 1.5 minutes that it plays, it stops to buffer for 2 minutes.

So now, because i wanted to rewind it a few seconds, i'm no longer able to stream it at all. Is there way to fix this, or should i just bite the bullet and wait the 90 minutes for the download?
Last edited by Repdaddy on Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: moved to help/tech, renamed

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Re: problem srteaming with vlc

Post#2 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:04 pm

I moved your post from the bitch about hosts thread to make it more visible as a tech issue.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Way
RedTek

Re: problem srteaming with vlc

Post#3 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:38 am

My first guess would be that you don't have VLC setup correctly?

Did you follow the tutorial?
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=68515

I'm thinking you missed,skipped,or did this step wrong?

Pause Issue Fix:

You need to tick the auto-reconnect box under HTTP input settings.

Return to “Video Players”