Long time user... first issue.

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
Rocness
no0b

Long time user... first issue.

Post#1 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:07 pm

Have never had any problems updating/following the guidelines or installing the scripts...

Yesterday I tried to load something it told me that I did not have IQS installed and prompted me to install it... so I tried to simply overwrite it and instead of firefox doing its normal install addon business it simply opened the file in another window like a txt document. I uninstalled IQS figuring it would work to install it fresh. nothing.

I feel like a complete tard that I can't figure this out... I downloaded the script and tried to run it as an executable with no luck

someone please give me a hand!!!

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Re: Long time user... first issue.

Post#2 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:00 pm

Hi Rocness,

There is a problem with your iqs script? Make sure the Greasemonkey icon is active/highlighted (click on it). Right-click on it and select "manage user scripts". Right-click in the box that comes up, anywhere there isn't an object, and you should get a dialogue box with an option to "open containing folder". Do that. When the folder opens, delete the script, and close it out. Clear all cookies and browser cache in firefox - interpret for another browser (try selecting [ctl-shift-del]) - by selecting the clear recent history function in the tools menu. Be sure all applicable entries are checked (under the details tab), and be sure to select "everything" at the top ("all saved data" in chrome). Restart your browser. Install the latest iqs script from the link on the main page. When you attempt to load a video (after you've clicked a link), make sure the greasemonkey icon is highlighted, and right-click it to ensure the iqs script is selected and active.

If that still didn't work, do it all over again, but this time uninstall Greasemonkey after you manually delete the script -restart your browser - and reinstall.

In chrome, you should be able to find your script and delete it in the "default" folder in your chrome directory. You can find it by following these instructions (windows):

# Exit Google Chrome completely.
# Go to the Start menu > Run.
# Enter one of the following directories in the text field, then press OK.

* Windows XP: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\
* Windows Vista/ Windows 7: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\

# Locate the folder called "Default" in the directory window that opens.

Mac

# Quit Google Chrome completely.
# Go to the Go menu > Go to Folder.
# Enter the following directories in the text field, then press Go.

~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default
# Locate the folder called "Default" in the directory window that opens.

[or a script box, in chrome]
[In chrome, access your scripts on the extensions page (wrench, tools, extensions).]
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Topic Author
Rocness
no0b

Post#3 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:40 pm

thanks a ton... it seems the wife must have clicked off the icon for GM mistakenly.... ><

everything works fine again. although i feel like a dunce lol.

Kanaro Min
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#4 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:22 pm

Go ahead and spank her later for it Rocness. I'm sure she'll appreciate the "correction". :D

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Post#5 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:52 pm

I've had the same problem myself, lol.
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Return to “Greasemonkey”