My greasemonkey isn't working!!

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
blueboomerang
Heart on for IceFlims

My greasemonkey isn't working!!

Post#1 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:16 pm

I've made google my friend :p searched, manually uninstalled IQS and greasemonkey 4-5 times, cleared caches, history, cookies, LSOs, run 2 types of anti-malware programs repeatedly (no Trojans!) shut down browser, shut down and rebooted computer, turned off adblocker, turned off pop-up blocker, stood on my head and said my abc's backwards--i.e. I've done everything I can figure--and I still can't figure out what to do. My FF "tools" section says I have Greasemonkey installed, but apparently, I can't install any scripts. I try to install IQS but always get taken automatically to this page

Code: Select all

http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/58869.user.js

and nothing happens, no little installation screen showing up, and it doesn't show up in GM as having been installed.

And they did away with the little monkey face on the corner of the window--right? (I liked that little monkey face.)

Sometimes I get an annoying blue puzzle piece in the address bar, and a notice that Firefox prevented me from installing this item. Then I give the okay to install, and then just get taken to the script page again.

And where did that annoying little blue puzzle piece come from, anyway? I don't want it! I can't figure out how to get rid of it. (angry)

Help, please! Thanks!

(makes me miss nevermore669 something fierce! ;( )

THE GRACKLE
Insomniac

Re: My greasemonkey isn't working!!

Post#2 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:36 pm

It's a FF 11 thing I think. Go to google and then the grease monkey site. Download from there and tell FF to allow. The monkey will then smile at you.
Some people are so fond of ill luck they run halfway to meet it

gogmorgo
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#3 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:51 pm

As far as I can tell, it's not easy to get FF to recognize the scripts (and GM) if you don't install them "properly" so make sure you've gone through and done that. GM in particular, since it seems to be what's not working now. Go through the proper channels to uninstall and reinstall GreaseMonkey, and then try installing the script. If that doesn't work, well, maybe clean FF install? Maybe try this http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/880502?
It sounds like I might have screwed you up by applying Opera concepts to FF... if that's the case, then I'm really sorry. :(

Topic Author
blueboomerang
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#4 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:24 pm

gogmorgo wrote:As far as I can tell, it's not easy to get FF to recognize the scripts (and GM) if you don't install them "properly" so make sure you've gone through and done that. GM in particular, since it seems to be what's not working now. Go through the proper channels to uninstall and reinstall GreaseMonkey, and then try installing the script. If that doesn't work, well, maybe clean FF install? Maybe try this http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/880502?
It sounds like I might have screwed you up by applying Opera concepts to FF... if that's the case, then I'm really sorry. :(

No, this has nothing to do with anything you said. This has been going on for a month now. I have been trying all channels for that long :^) (angry) , thinking I could fix it, and haven't been able to--just got fed up and wondered if someone had other ideas. I might have to do a clean FF install here soon. I thought there might be someway to take the text of the script and insert it somewhere, and make it work that way.

Thanks for your help.

gogmorgo
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#5 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:31 pm

There is a way to create a new script for GreaseMonkey, but I'm not sure how to go about it. But from the sounds of it your GM is not working right, so that might not help...
I don't know FF that well at all... not sure I should have opened my mouth, er... fingers?

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#6 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:11 pm

When my greasemonkey does not work I slather him in more grease. On a serious note, If you can bear to do it, try reverting to an older version of FireFox.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

bjdeeler
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#7 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:18 pm

If he's not working, just don't give him his banana.

Return to “Greasemonkey”