everytime i click a movie it's asking me to update script

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
grss429
Sex Robot

everytime i click a movie it's asking me to update script

Post#1 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:43 pm

I have updated my script multiple times, every time i go to view a movie it tell me to update my script

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Re: everytime i click a movie it's asking me to update scrip

Post#2 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:23 pm

Are you a chrome or firefox user? you may need to manually remove older versions before installing the new script, depending on your set-up.

There is a problem with your iqs script? Go into the Addons Menu, then to Extensions, and find Greasemonkey. If there is an option to "enable", then click that and restart firefox. Then, also in Addons, go to User Scripts. Make sure the Ice Quick Stream is there and active, and if there are any other scripts in there, disable them for testing purposes.

If, after examining your Greasemonkey installation it turns out that it all looks okay, but you still cannot play any videos, you may need to manually remove the Ice Quick Stream script from its folder. Inside the User Scripts page, right-click anywhere there isn't an object, and you should get a dialogue box with an option to "show containing folder". Do that. When the folder opens, delete the script, and close it out. Clear all cookies and browser cache in firefox - interpret for another browser (try selecting [ctl-shift-del]) - by selecting the clear recent history function in the tools menu. Be sure all applicable entries are checked (under the details tab), and be sure to select "everything" at the top ("all saved data" in chrome). Restart your browser. Install the latest iqs script from the link on the main page. When you attempt to load a video (after you've clicked a link), make sure Greasemonkey is active again (if you can see the greasemonkey icon, it should be highlighted) AND ensure the iqs script is active.

If that still didn't work, do it all over again, but this time uninstall Greasemonkey after you manually delete the script -restart your browser - and reinstall.

.......................................................................................................
CHROME

Chrome users having trouble with their script should check their download directory for old scripts AND remove the script from the profile directory. Doing only one may not be enough to solve your issue.

If you're getting the "could not read source file" error, then the problem is that there is an "extra", probably old, script(s) in the directory you're downloading to (probably your default download directory). You need to find all files named [some random number].js or labled "user script", and delete them. You should then be able to install your new script (but you might want to check that it's been properly deleted from your downloads folder after successfully installing).

TRY THIS METHOD FIRST (IT SEEMS EASIER): Go to the UPDATE button----> right-click "Save link as..." -----> You should be taken to the DOwnload folder and see the old 58869.user script (or maybe [some random number].js) ------> delete it! ---->continue with the new installation and it should work.

.........................................................................................................
TO MANUALLY DELETE YOUR SCRIPT IN CHROME

In chrome, you should be able to find your script and delete it in the "default" folder in your chrome directory. You can find it by following these instructions (windows):

# Exit Google Chrome completely.
# Go to the Start menu > Run.
# Enter one of the following directories in the text field, then press OK (copy/paste should work).

* Windows XP: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\
* Windows Vista/ Windows 7: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\

# Locate the folder called "Default" in the directory window that opens.

Mac

# Quit Google Chrome completely.
# Go to the Go menu > Go to Folder.
# Enter the following directories in the text field, then press Go.

~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default
# Locate the folder called "Default" in the directory window that opens.

[In chrome, you can access your scripts on the extensions page (wrench, tools, extensions).]

All credit to nevermore(his words not mine)
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

fewolfhunter
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#3 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:27 pm

grss429 wrote:I have updated my script multiple times, every time i go to view a movie it tell me to update my script

Don't update using the promt link. Use the link on the main page and restart your browser after it has installed.

Topic Author
grss429
Sex Robot

Post#4 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:44 am

fewolfhunter wrote:
grss429 wrote:I have updated my script multiple times, every time i go to view a movie it tell me to update my script

Don't update using the promt link. Use the link on the main page and restart your browser after it has installed.

tried

your verison of 4.9 is out of date please click ok to update to 4.93 but when I go to my extensions it's 4.93

fewolfhunter
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#5 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:46 pm

What browser are you using? We have a laptop that was having the same problem so I cleared the browser cache in FF 11.0 on windows 7 pc and it now works.

HumanGoing
no0b

Post#6 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:24 pm

If you are using chrome all you need to do is delete the extension called "5869" (this is the old script that the site keeps detecting) from the extension page (which you get to by clicking the wrench, and going to tools). I had this problem too and this totally cleared it up. I'm not sure what to do if you're using firefox though.

Topic Author
grss429
Sex Robot

Post#7 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:41 pm

HumanGoing wrote:If you are using chrome all you need to do is delete the extension called "5869" (this is the old script that the site keeps detecting) from the extension page (which you get to by clicking the wrench, and going to tools). I had this problem too and this totally cleared it up. I'm not sure what to do if you're using firefox though.

thanks buddy

Return to “IQS”