New IQS 5 Help!?

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
furqan7
meh

New IQS 5 Help!?

Post#1 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:46 am

Hi,

Updated to the new iqs 5 and got vlc . Did all the setting but there is an issue with certain files. Like for e.g. If i stream couger towns latest eps it streams but when i pause it it stops streaming and doesnt just stream the entire file for later viewing. This happened with Sharebees. Wouldnt that just cancel the file streaming if paused for longer periods?.
Also with the latest eps of raw there was audio but no video. Rebooted re-installed etc nothing on that file was working.

Jus some points to look into.

Regards.

Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Re: New IQS 5 Help!?

Post#2 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:04 am

if you want later viewing you have to click download instead of play.

to fix disconnecting when paused for too long:
vlc preferences -> show settings: all -> input/codecs -> access modules -> HTTP(S) -> Auto re-connect
"Lets burn this mother down!"

* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#3 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:12 am

RAW http://www.icefilms.info/ip.php?v=153212&
is an interesting one

I passed the streaming url to a different video player app (mplayer) and it worked fine. VLC dropped the ball.

* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#4 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:27 am

working sources have been added for RAW

Topic Author
furqan7
meh

Post#5 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:05 am

Mad Respect!

Cheers!!!!

Topic Author
furqan7
meh

Post#6 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:32 am

Did the setting as you said but if i select continuous stream. The vid doesnt work for some reason.

Also isnt it possible to stream the entire thing as it used to store in temp like the divx player?

aidy808080
no0b

Post#7 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:21 am

Just thought I'd throw in my comments here too. I also notice that if the host is not fast enough it will continuously play/buffer/play/buffer etc. Before I could pause in divx player and see the download continue. In VLC this doen not seem to be happening. I don't want to either download or stream. With divx player it did both. It would play while downloading to the cache so you have the file if you want to watch it again later. This has been taken away from us which I think most people liked. So maybe if someone knows some settings in VLC to set a download cache which would bring this back then I think it won't be so bad.

Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#8 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:22 pm

furqan7 wrote:Did the setting as you said but if i select continuous stream. The vid doesnt work for some reason.

I did what you said, but I also did something you didn't say and that didn't work. :roll:

Topic Author
furqan7
meh

Post#9 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:22 am

Pointing out that buffering while paused doesnt work with vlc apparently.
Reconnecting wouldnt really help wid slow or fast hosts as you pointed out when i said cannot buffer while paused the first time! :P
Only option is downloading for most.

Way
RedTek

Post#10 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:36 am

Aight then download that is your choice or you could read/ask for help nicely ?

.....after reading this TUT that will show you how to fix this or it did for me and a lot of people.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=68515
then come back and let us know ;)

Topic Author
furqan7
meh

Post#11 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:47 am

I already read and asked nicely in the first place and after reading the TUT did i post the doesnt work part.

Return to “IQS”