2Shared Question

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
DaveyHu
Heart on for IceFlims

2Shared Question

Post#1 » Sat May 05, 2012 8:57 am

Hi Guys, Was Wondering how come the Divx play button does not appear for 2Shared links,

only the VLC play button (That never seems to work on 2Shared) shows in the IQS.

Because most of the files on 2Shared are avi's that the Divx player Likes. Cheers

Way
RedTek

Re: 2Shared Question

Post#2 » Sat May 05, 2012 10:09 am

Well I don't know but I have reported the 2-shared bug.

2-shared bug / some people can stream with vlc some can't / no divx option.

With 2-shared's new size limit I don't see anyone using them for any new stuff and almost everything they have is old (years) so that might have a factor ???

Who knows but if it is just a bug the admins will work it out might be a fix in the next script.
As busy as they have been with the recent changes I would thing their coding brains are frazzled.
You can still use the download button on the page and watch during download with vlc or wait and watch with the player of your choice.
Same with Rapidshare download only.

Topic Author
DaveyHu
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#3 » Sat May 05, 2012 11:24 am

wayhighdudeman007 wrote:I don't see anyone using them for any new stuff and almost everything they have is old

Yes your right, but old is still good me thinks. :)

woodsmith
Average User

Post#4 » Sat May 05, 2012 3:05 pm

What's up with no search box on the 2 Shared main page?

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#5 » Sat May 05, 2012 4:04 pm

woodsmith wrote:What's up with no search box on the 2 Shared main page?

I have a suspicion that is one more way for them to take themselves off the radar. I think they will bleed themselves to death much like Rapid did. First the limits. Then no search......Sayonara 2shared.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

RISUG
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#6 » Sat May 05, 2012 4:11 pm

For those who use IE8: 2Shared links function with IQS 4.5.

You can get IQS 4.5 here: http://userscripts.org/scripts/versions/58869
IQS 4.5 is dated - Jan 25, 2012 02:00

To prevent the update message box from popping up on the source page:

right click on the script -

scroll down to Open with -

select a text editor (e.g. Wordpad, Notepad, etc.)

Inside the script, scroll down until you find this: if (location.host.match ('icefilms.info')

Delete 'icefilms.info'

It should look like this: if (location.host.match ()

Save the change.

IQS 4.5 can be left enabled in the script manager (Trixie).

Trixie will only apply IQS 4.5 when a 2Shared link is clicked.

Note: if the video doesn't immediately begin loading after clicking play, then give it a minute or two. Some servers have heavier traffic than others.

If you scroll down, you'll see the following message:

We are sorry, but your download request can not be processed right now. Our servers are overloaded at the current moment. Please try again in non-business hours 4:00 to 14:00 GMT or wait 143 minutes.

Ignore it. That message is generated whether the file begins loading or not.
Honesty is praised, and starves.

~ Juvenal

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#7 » Sat May 05, 2012 4:29 pm

I thought older versions of IQS were disabled server-side?
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Way
RedTek

Post#8 » Sat May 05, 2012 4:58 pm

they were but the fine admin's have brought back the divx player SO...

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#9 » Sat May 05, 2012 5:19 pm

Yes, Divx is usable in the new IQS. I get that. Goes without saying. But the older scripts are now enabled? Everything I read previously said they were disabled on the icedivx server. Just seeking clarification ;)

RISUG
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#10 » Sat May 05, 2012 9:12 pm

Repdaddy wrote:Yes, Divx is usable in the new IQS. I get that. Goes without saying. But the older scripts are now enabled? Everything I read previously said they were disabled on the icedivx server. Just seeking clarification ;)

Out of curiosity I tested every script between IQS 3.0 (the first to support 2Shared) and IQS 4.4 with IE8 on 2Shared. These are my results:

TEST RESULTS OF IQS 3.0 - 4.4 WITH IE8 ON 2SHARED

IQS 3.0 - NO (Did not generate player)

IQS 3.2 - NO (Player is generated, but screen goes black when play is clicked)

IQS 3.3 - NO (Error message: "The downloaded video file is not a Divx file" when play is clicked)

IQS 3.4 - NO (Did not generate player)

IQS 3.5 - YES

IQS 3.7 - YES

IQS 3.8 - YES (No speed meter)

IQS 3.9 - YES (No speed meter)

IQS 4.0 - YES (No speed meter)

IQS 4.1 - YES (No speed meter, First script with IQS update alert)

IQS 4.1.1 - YES

IQS 4.2 - YES (No speed meter)

IQS 4.3 - YES (No speed meter)

IQS 4.4 - YES (No speed meter)

Scripts 3.5 - 4.0 predate IQS update alert, thus saving the trouble of having to go into the script.

Scripts 4.6 - 4.96 result in a "The downloaded video file is not a Divx file" error message when the play button is clicked on 2Shared, due to an IE8 Java bug.

Scripts 5.0 and 5.1 with IE8 produce the same problem on 2Shared that some people are having with other browsers.

~ Juvenal

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#11 » Sun May 06, 2012 3:35 pm

Now I know. Somebody gots time on their hands. (laugh)

Makoo
meh

Post#12 » Sun May 06, 2012 6:39 pm

I could use 2shared until today. I couldnt stream but I could download. And yesterday a download just stopped mid through.
And then i tried downloading it again. And now the download link auto links to upload file or something weird like that.

RISUG
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#13 » Sun May 06, 2012 8:14 pm

Makoo wrote:I could use 2shared until today. I couldnt stream but I could download. And yesterday a download just stopped mid through.
And then i tried downloading it again. And now the download link auto links to upload file or something weird like that.

Which browser?

~ Juvenal

Makoo
meh

Post#14 » Mon May 07, 2012 8:20 am

RISUG wrote:
Makoo wrote:I could use 2shared until today. I couldnt stream but I could download. And yesterday a download just stopped mid through.

Which browser?

I'm using chrome.
I have divx installed as well as VLC, I use VLC tho. I got 5.1 etc.

RISUG
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#15 » Mon May 07, 2012 2:26 pm

I'm using chrome.
I have divx installed as well as VLC, I use VLC tho. I got 5.1 etc.

Makoo, I wonder if one of the older scripts will work with Chrome (or Firefox) for 2Shared as it does for IE8.

Try IQS 3.7, it's a script that predates the IQS update alert code, so you won't need to open the script for modification.

You can get it here: http://userscripts.org/scripts/versions/58869
IQS 3.7 is dated - Dec 1, 2010 01:34

Report back on whether it worked or not.

P.S. - I don't know if Chrome's script manager will require the lastest script to be enabled or disabled in order for IQS 3.7 to be applied for 2Shared,
or -if like Trixie- (the script manager I use for IE) Chrome's script manager will apply IQS 3.7 for 2Shared whether the lastest script is enabled or not.

Experiment accordingly.

~ Juvenal

Return to “IQS”