2Shared Question

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

supernova
Heart on for IceFlims

Re: 2Shared Question

Post#16 » Tue May 08, 2012 3:11 am

RISUG, I recently installed Trixie in IE9 and it is working fine but I can't delete those pre-installed scripts 'cos they keep coming back.I was able to permanently disable enabled ones by editing Trixie.config.xml and changing every "true" value to "false". Do you know how to delete pre-installed scripts in Trixie 0.2.3 ? In IE7Pro I just deleted them and that was it.

Makoo
meh

Post#17 » Tue May 08, 2012 10:40 am

Chrome didnt like trying to downgrade and the thing is that it worked with all the nwer version until it just suddenly nothing happened and then if i clicked download down below i got to upload instead.
i guess I will try downgrading or getting an addon or so later. atm kinda busy tho.

SilencedScream
meh

Post#18 » Tue May 08, 2012 12:04 pm

RISUG wrote:
I'm using chrome.
I have divx installed as well as VLC, I use VLC tho. I got 5.1 etc.

Makoo, I wonder if one of the older scripts will work with Chrome (or Firefox) for 2Shared as it does for IE8.

Try IQS 3.7, it's a script that predates the IQS update alert code, so you won't need to open the script for modification.

You can get it here: http://userscripts.org/scripts/versions/58869
IQS 3.7 is dated - Dec 1, 2010 01:34

Report back on whether it worked or not.

P.S. - I don't know if Chrome's script manager will require the lastest script to be enabled or disabled in order for IQS 3.7 to be applied for 2Shared,
or -if like Trixie- (the script manager I use for IE) Chrome's script manager will apply IQS 3.7 for 2Shared whether the lastest script is enabled or not.

Experiment accordingly.

I've been trying to load the most recent season of Dexter for my girlfriend to watch (it's 2Shared) and could not get it to work until I tried this.

As thanks, I suggested that we name our first child after you, but for some reason, she declined. Can't imagine why. ;)

But seriously - thank you.

RISUG
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#19 » Tue May 08, 2012 2:02 pm

supernova wrote:RISUG, I recently installed Trixie in IE9 and it is working fine but I can't delete those pre-installed scripts 'cos they keep coming back.I was able to permanently disable enabled ones by editing Trixie.config.xml and changing every "true" value to "false". Do you know how to delete pre-installed scripts in Trixie 0.2.3 ? In IE7Pro I just deleted them and that was it.

Greetings Supernova.

I never did figure out how to delete the pre-installed scripts.

What I did was go into the properties of each pre-installed script and checked the Hidden box; doing so doesn't hide them in Trixie Options, but it does hide them in the Trixie script folder. To disbale them I simply unchecked them in Trixie Options .

Supernova, did you try 2Shared with one of the older scripts? (Assuming you are having the same issue with IQS 5.1 on 2Shared that some are having with other browsers).

IE9 does not have the Java bug like IE8, so scripts 3.5 - 4.96 should function on 2Shared with IE9. Whereas scripts 3.5 - 4.5 are the scripts that function on 2Shared with IE8.
Honesty is praised, and starves.

~ Juvenal

RISUG
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#20 » Tue May 08, 2012 2:05 pm

Makoo wrote:Chrome didnt like trying to downgrade and the thing is that it worked with all the nwer version until it just suddenly nothing happened and then if i clicked download down below i got to upload instead.
i guess I will try downgrading or getting an addon or so later. atm kinda busy tho.

Interesting.

Thank you for the data Makoo.

~ Juvenal

RISUG
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#21 » Tue May 08, 2012 2:18 pm

SilencedScream wrote:
RISUG wrote:
I'm using chrome.
I have divx installed as well as VLC, I use VLC tho. I got 5.1 etc.

Makoo, I wonder if one of the older scripts will work with Chrome (or Firefox) for 2Shared as it does for IE8.

Try IQS 3.7, it's a script that predates the IQS update alert code, so you won't need to open the script for modification.

You can get it here: http://userscripts.org/scripts/versions/58869
IQS 3.7 is dated - Dec 1, 2010 01:34

Report back on whether it worked or not.

P.S. - I don't know if Chrome's script manager will require the lastest script to be enabled or disabled in order for IQS 3.7 to be applied for 2Shared,
or -if like Trixie- (the script manager I use for IE) Chrome's script manager will apply IQS 3.7 for 2Shared whether the lastest script is enabled or not.

Experiment accordingly.

I've been trying to load the most recent season of Dexter for my girlfriend to watch (it's 2Shared) and could not get it to work until I tried this.

As thanks, I suggested that we name our first child after you, but for some reason, she declined. Can't imagine why. ;)

But seriously - thank you.

SilencedScream, you are welcome, and it is truly my utmost pleasure that it functioned for you.

Just so I get my data right SilentScream, this functioned for you using Chrome, is that correct?

P.S. - I'm wounded by your wife's ingratitude :D.
Maybe you can sneak it in on the birth certificate as a middle name. :D

~ Juvenal

supernova
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#22 » Tue May 08, 2012 3:48 pm

RISUG , so I hide those pre-installed scripts and script folder is "clean". I tried IQS 3.7 and IQS 4.5 . 3.7 didn't work and 4.5 (edited by your instructions) also didn't work - update notifier appeared so I guess I did something wrong.But it doesn't matter 'cos I use 2Shared rarely and usually for downloading.

RISUG
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#23 » Tue May 08, 2012 4:12 pm

supernova wrote:RISUG , so I hide those pre-installed scripts and script folder is "clean". I tried IQS 3.7 and IQS 4.5 . 3.7 didn't work and 4.5 (edited by your instructions) also didn't work - update notifier appeared so I guess I did something wrong.But it doesn't matter 'cos I use 2Shared rarely and usually for downloading.

Interesting.

Supernova, When you put the script inside the Trixie folder (or modified it), did you activate the script (or modification) by going to Trixie Options and clicking Reload Scripts and then Ok?
I also like to refresh the screen for added assurance.

~ Juvenal

supernova
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#24 » Wed May 09, 2012 2:29 am

RISUG , Trixie works differently in IE9.I can't just disable script in Trixie Options and Reload 'cos it will be enabled again. That is why I changed Trixie.config.xml so that pre-installed scripts remain disabled.Again I tried IQS 3.7, IQS 4.4, IQS 4.5 ,IQS 4.6 and it didn't work.For last 3 scripts update notifier appeared although I am sure I didn't make mistake changing the script by your instructions.Maybe I have different version of Trixie (0.2.3). IQS 5.1 is working fine and like I said I don't use 2Shared that much so I don't care that much about it.

malikinam
no0b

Post#25 » Wed May 09, 2012 4:33 am

you should not changed your trixie. i have many search about it and i want to share it with them ass soon please leave a post for me..

RISUG
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#26 » Wed May 09, 2012 8:25 am

supernova wrote:RISUG , Trixie works differently in IE9.I can't just disable script in Trixie Options and Reload 'cos it will be enabled again. That is why I changed Trixie.config.xml so that pre-installed scripts remain disabled.Again I tried IQS 3.7, IQS 4.4, IQS 4.5 ,IQS 4.6 and it didn't work.For last 3 scripts update notifier appeared although I am sure I didn't make mistake changing the script by your instructions.Maybe I have different version of Trixie (0.2.3). IQS 5.1 is working fine and like I said I don't use 2Shared that much so I don't care that much about it.

Supernova, thank you very much for the data. You have been a big help.

If I may trouble you once more.

I want to be clear about some things via examples:

Example 1.: To disable a script, I go to Trixie Options, I uncheck the script, and then I click Ok.

Example 2.: If I uncheck a script and then click Reload Scripts -before I exit Trixie- then that script will be re-enabled.

Example 3.: If I go into Trixie Options and enable a script, only that script will be enabled after I click Reload Scripts. No other scripts are enabled, including pre-installed scripts.

You wrote:
I can't just disable script in Trixie Options and Reload 'cos it will be enabled again.

Which is true for me as well as outlined in Example 2.

Where I am confused is when you say:
That is why I changed Trixie.config.xml so that pre-installed scripts remain disabled

So you are saying that Example 3 was not true for you until you changed the Trixie.config.xml file?

We both have the same version of Trixie (0.2.3). It is the only version available.

As for the older IQS scripts not working with 2Shared via IE9 for you...very interesting.....it may be due to a difference between IE8 and IE9, or, perhaps due to the change made to the Trixie.config.xml file?
Maybe one of those two reasons also explains the inability to disable the update alert?

~ Juvenal

supernova
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#27 » Wed May 09, 2012 9:05 am

You are right about all 3 Examples.Trixie works the same in IE8 & IE9.All I did in Trixie.config.xml was changing "true" values of those enabled by default pre-installed scripts to "false" so now they are disabled by default which is easier.I don't think that affect IQS scripts or any other script.

Edit: Just to inform you that IQS 4.5 is working on 2Shared (there is still update notifier) and on other hosts IQS 5.1 is applied.
Culprit was Google Chrome Frame and soon as I disabled/enabled it everything was fine so I guess other versions should work also like version 3.7 without update notifier.

RISUG
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#28 » Wed May 09, 2012 12:36 pm

supernova wrote:You are right about all 3 Examples.Trixie works the same in IE8 & IE9.All I did in Trixie.config.xml was changing "true" values of those enabled by default pre-installed scripts to "false" so now they are disabled by default which is easier.I don't think that affect IQS scripts or any other script.

Edit: Just to inform you that IQS 4.5 is working on 2Shared (there is still update notifier) and on other hosts IQS 5.1 is applied.
Culprit was Google Chrome Frame and soon as I disabled/enabled it everything was fine so I guess other versions should work also like version 3.7 without update notifier.

Supernova - outstanding! I'm thrilled that the problem was identified.

Again, thank you very much for your time and patience. (y)

The data you supplied will go a long way in benefiting fellow patrons of Icefilms.

Thank you.

~ Juvenal

RISUG
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#29 » Tue May 15, 2012 11:37 pm

I'm happy to report that IQS 5.2 works on 2Shared with IE8.

~ Juvenal

Way
RedTek

Post#30 » Wed May 16, 2012 6:58 am

RISUG wrote:I'm happy to report that IQS 5.2 works on 2Shared with IE8.

That is great news I can confirm that Firefox and Chrome also Work ;)

Return to “IQS”