Cant install IQS 5.3 into chrome. Just downloads .js

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
Ryster
no0b

Cant install IQS 5.3 into chrome. Just downloads .js

Post#1 » Sun May 27, 2012 11:20 am

Hi all

I've been an ICE user for age now, but just recently I seem to be unable to update my IQS to the latest version. I'm running Chrome 21.0.1145.0 and each time I click on the update button, Chrome seems to just download the .js file. If I then click on it in the download bar, I get a message about extensions potentially being harmful, and when I click Continue it just downloads another copy of the .js file rather than installing.

I've tried removing my old 5.1 version, and also disassociating.js with dreamweaver as it was before (it always has been though, and has worked previously).

Any ideas?

Cheers.
Ryster

eatchocolate
no0b

Re: Cant install IQS 5.3 into chrome. Just downloads .js

Post#2 » Tue May 29, 2012 2:02 pm

Yes its a feature they recently implemented. You will no longer be allowed to install 3rd party scripts on the browser unless its on the Chrome Web Store.

But I think they left a back door. Try this. type chrome://extensions in your address bar and press enter. Then drag the downloaded .js file onto this page. It should install it. If not, they've disabled this as well.
Good luck!

PS: You can always just use the bookmarklet

Way
RedTek

Post#3 » Tue May 29, 2012 3:35 pm

I don't have that version of chrome but you can try TamperMonkey it is Greasmonkey for Chrome .

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... ldmpobfkfo

eatchocolate
no0b

Post#4 » Tue May 29, 2012 6:03 pm

See post viewtopic.php?f=24&t=71017 for a solution

supernova
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#5 » Wed May 30, 2012 1:39 am

With Tampermonkey you can choose to install script as userscript in Tampermonkey or as native Google Chrome extension.

Return to “IQS”