Scripts no longer installing on chrome

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
eatchocolate
no0b

Scripts no longer installing on chrome

Post#1 » Tue May 29, 2012 2:00 pm

I just thought I should let everyone know that the Google Chrome team has decided not to allow scripts and extensions outside of its Web Store to be installed on the browser. That means the ICE Quick Stream script

But apparently there are ways around it

1: Download the script. Go to chrome://extensions/ and Drag and Drop the script onto the page.
2: You can download the canary build of chrome which still has 3rd party scripts enabled at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/chromesxs
3: Use firefox with greasemonkey

EDIT: It turns out you can go back to automatically installing the extensions by running chrome with the --enable-off-store-extension-install option. To do this, right click on the Chrome shortcut and click on properties and in the target section add --enable-off-store-extension-install AFTER the quotes. for example on my machine, its "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --enable-off-store-extension-install
Last edited by eatchocolate on Thu May 31, 2012 10:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Topic Author
eatchocolate
no0b

Is anyone else having trouble installing IQS 5.3?

Post#2 » Tue May 29, 2012 2:04 pm

It turns out to be a security feature because people were clicking through unsafe extensions without reading it
Last edited by eatchocolate on Tue May 29, 2012 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Way
RedTek

Re: Scripts no longer installing on chrome

Post#3 » Tue May 29, 2012 3:43 pm

Get Tamper Monkey it is Greasmonkey for Chrome...

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... fo/related

Way
RedTek

Post#4 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:03 pm

For the recent posts in the Tutorial Section on not being able to install the script in Chrome.

The new chrome from what I have read/been told will not run 3rd party scripts if you have a new version of Chrome that will not install the IQS then I would recommend Tamper Monkey it is Greasmonkey For Chrome. After you have Tamper Monkey then you can install the script...

Or just use FireFox (facepalm)

mindzx
Average User

Post#5 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:35 am

Way wrote:For the recent posts in the Tutorial Section on not being able to install the script in Chrome.

The new chrome from what I have read/been told will not run 3rd party scripts if you have a new version of Chrome that will not install the IQS then I would recommend Tamper Monkey it is Greasmonkey For Chrome. After you have Tamper Monkey then you can install the script...

Or just use FireFox (facepalm)

Your worthless IMO, something worth Face Palming.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#6 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:04 pm

Well I am sure that we can stop trying to please everyone now that we have someone who knows everything except manors and humility. This is a warning mindzx. As I am the Mod for the help section I decide what constitutes Respect of Admins, of which Way is a very respected member of that category. If you think your smart enough to make a Snide comment then you should be smart enough not to "Dis the Admins"!! Who help only on a volunteer basis..

By the way Min I am an admin also and one of the few with permanent ban powers... Please keep that in mind before your next reply.

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#7 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:33 pm

no (punch) . We likem all you, but no disrepect staff,eh? Rep full on bourbon. Protect fully staff I will. hmph, hmph. Seriously, though...like Russ said. That was a poor attempt at Yoda, by the way.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Return to “IQS”