IQS 5.4 redirects Google Searches to ads in Mozillla Firefox

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
pastortroysd12
no0b

IQS 5.4 redirects Google Searches to ads in Mozillla Firefox

Post#1 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:23 pm

Recently I noticed a pop up by the address bar stating IQS 5.4 has been successfully updated by itself, probably from Firefox 16. Around the same time frame I've noticed when I do Google searches and click a link within the search results, it redirects me to some ad site, often one beginning with click.search... If I disable IQS it seems to stop. Anyone else having this issue?

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Re: IQS 5.4 redirects Google Searches to ads in Mozillla Fir

Post#2 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:36 pm

I don't see how the script could be held culprit. The only code in it is written to open and execute files to stream via browser player.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Topic Author
pastortroysd12
no0b

Post#3 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:50 pm

No I'm an idiot... tried searching google 5 or 6 times with it the script disabled, no issues, but finally the next day it started doing it again with or with out the script enabled... Back to the Drawing board.. thank you for your input though.

imApirate
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#4 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:54 pm

Return to “IQS”