Unable to install IQS 5.5

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
william.s78
Average User

Unable to install IQS 5.5

Post#1 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:52 am

I currently have IQS 5.4 and it installed right away when I had to update to it, but now I'm trying to update to 5.5 but with no success. Get an error. Anyone know why this may be happening? I use google chrome.

supernova
Heart on for IceFlims

Re: Unable to install IQS 5.5

Post#2 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:11 am

First remove IQS 5.4.Download IQS 5.5 to the desktop and drag'n'drop script in Chrome while extensions tab is open.If you're using Tampermonkey you don't have to do anything.IQS will be auto
updated to version 5.5.

Way
RedTek

Post#3 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:12 am

Supernova is correct Chrome doesn't allow 3rd party scripts anymore by default.

I don't know about installing the way they described as I don't use Chrome.

But I know that Tampermonkey does work and is easy to use. It is like Greasmonkey is for FireFox,but for Chrome.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... fkfo?hl=en

dpmt33
Average User

Post#4 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:49 am

I installed 5.5 by drag and dropping the userscript and Tampermonkey but now links don't play, i get a message: The file you are trying to play has failed to finish downloading and can no longer play. 5.5 is installed in TM so not sure what's happened here, links were working yesterday.

Way
RedTek

Post#5 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:53 am

Did you Restart your browser after installing the new script ?

dpmt33
Average User

Post#6 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:58 pm

Way wrote:Did you Restart your browser after installing the new script ?

Eh, i did a few times but this time it worked. Thanks. :)

Way
RedTek

Post#7 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:38 pm

Long as it is working :)

Celebrin88
no0b

Post#8 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:09 pm

I'm still having trouble with this. It's simply drag and drop right? why is it still telling me it can't install?

Edit: nvm, just had to close other tabs

Way
RedTek

Post#9 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:46 pm

I like the posts that answer themselves :lol:

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong,--H.L. Mencken

Every problem contains within itself the seeds of its own solution.--Stanley Arnold

It isn't that they can't see the solution. It's that they can't see the problem.--G. K. Chesterton

The only difference between a problem and a solution is that people understand the solution.--Charles Kettering

A problem, to be a problem, must contain an unknown. If all was known, the problem would vanish.--Alan C. Walter

To solve any problem, here are three questions to ask yourself: First, what could I do? Second, what could I read? And third, who could I ask?--Jim Rohn

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.--Albert Einstein

Topic Author
william.s78
Average User

Post#10 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:53 pm

Thanks guys. Took a little bit but I got it working :)

lostboyblue
no0b

Post#11 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:38 am

Pardon the ignorance.. ive tried all of the info listed from you all and am having no luck.. i am downloading the script by "save link as" to the desktop, dragging to extensions page and im told it cannot add extensions of this type.

supernova
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#12 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:06 am

Lostboyblue I don't know what is wrong.I've disabled IQS in Tampermonkey and installed it as
extension (drag and drop-extensions page) without any problems and it is working fine.
Maybe problem is some setting in chrome or something.I downloaded script from Userscripts.org so
maybe that is difference.

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#13 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:14 am

lostboyblue wrote:Pardon the ignorance.. ive tried all of the info listed from you all and am having no luck.. i am downloading the script by "save link as" to the desktop, dragging to extensions page and im told it cannot add extensions of this type.

Chrome
Step 1: Open your Extension tab from the Tools menu ( chrome://chrome/extensions/ )
Step 2: Download the Script
Step 3: Drag the script from your download bar into the Extensions tab.

Note what is highlighted yellow ;)
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Repdaddy
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#14 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:16 am

By the way, Abe has updated Omen's tutorial on this subject http://forum.icefilms.info/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=634
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

lostboyblue
no0b

Post#15 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:42 pm

thanks for the info.. i went the Tampermonkey route and it went through. Cheers all!

Return to “IQS”