Can't get chrome to install the new Ice quick stream script

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
opeacemakero
meh

Can't get chrome to install the new Ice quick stream script

Post#1 » Mon May 20, 2013 4:58 pm

When I go to update it, I am getting a message at the top of the browser stating "Apps, extensions, and user scripts cannot be added from this website". It appears chrome has changed it so that these items can only be installed from the chrome web store, and I can't find the script in there. Is there a fix? Right now I'm back to using firefox, which isn't that big of a deal, just annoying that I have to switch browsers when I want my Icefilms.

Russtronic™
The One

Re: Can't get chrome to install the new Ice quick stream scr

Post#2 » Mon May 20, 2013 5:30 pm

We need your Info as in the Rules posted at the beginning. Please post your info so we can help you..

Topic Author
opeacemakero
meh

Post#3 » Mon May 20, 2013 10:56 pm

I'm using chrome. My players are divx and vlc. My problem "When I go to update the script, I am getting a message at the top of the browser in a yellow box stating "Apps, extensions, and user scripts cannot be added from this website". There is a link in the yellow box next to the message labled "learn more". When I go there it takes me to a page with the following information:

Adding extensions from other websites

We're constantly looking out for ways to make your browsing safer. To that end, we recently changed the way you add extensions that are not in the Chrome Web Store to your browser. Previously, any website could prompt you to add an extension into your browser. In the latest version of Google Chrome, you must explicitly tell Chrome that you want to install these extensions by adding them through the Extensions page.

Why the change?

To help keep you safe on the web, we have started analyzing every extension that is uploaded to the Web Store and take down those we recognize to be malicious. Unfortunately, we don't have the ability to take down malicious items promoted on other websites. For instance, online hackers may create websites that automatically trigger the installation of malicious extensions. Their extensions are often designed to secretly track the information you enter on the web, which the hackers can then reuse for other ill-intended purposes.

The updated installation process prevents websites from automatically triggering unauthorized extension installations and gives you more control over the extensions you're adding to Chrome.

Developers: If you currently host an extension on your website, consider uploading it to the Chrome Web Store. Visit the Google Developers website to see more information on uploading items to the Chrome Web Store and use inline install so users can install your extension without leaving your site.
Enterprise Administrators: You can specify URLs that are allowed to install extensions, apps, and themes directly through the ExtensionInstallSources policy.

It appears chrome has changed it so that these items can only be installed from the chrome web store, and I can't find the script in there. Is there a fix? Right now I'm back to using firefox, which isn't that big of a deal, just annoying that I have to switch browsers when I want my Icefilms."

I've tried to update the script from the link located here: http://www.icefilms.info/. I have also tried from here: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/58869. Both give me the same error message as stated above. From the info from the "learn more" link, it says I can add them through the extensions page but I'm not seeing how.

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#4 » Mon May 20, 2013 11:05 pm

For Chrome you need tampermonkey: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tampermonkey/dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo?hl=en not greasemonkey. then update the IQS.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Topic Author
opeacemakero
meh

Post#5 » Mon May 20, 2013 11:50 pm

Thanks for the help. I already had Tampermonkey installed, so I uninstalled/reinstalled it and it worked. Not sure why it messed up in the first place. Thanks again.

Way
RedTek

Post#6 » Tue May 21, 2013 7:47 am

There is another way to install the script without Tampermonkey it is explained in the How to Tutorial from here viewtopic.php?f=137&t=68515
It is also explained here viewtopic.php?f=35&t=74517

But I will also post it so that it is everywhere so hopefully it will help people see it and not make yet another post about the same thing.

This is another way to install the script without Tampermonkey
Step 1: Open your Extension tab from the Tools menu ( chrome://chrome/extensions/ )
Step 2: Download the Script
Step 3: Drag the script from your download bar into the Extensions tab.

Also please post in the correct section from now on it will help the people that come after you find the help they need it will also help us understand the system your using. So when/if you read this let us know what system you use and we will move it to the correct place. See the pic below.

Return to “IQS”