Bot like activity & XBMC plugins

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
fewolfhunter
Heart on for IceFlims

Bot like activity & XBMC plugins

Post#1 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:27 pm

I am not server or network savy, but would addons for xbmc be causing bot like activity on the server because of the intensive scraping some of them do? I was just checking out one such addon at this link http://firstsearchblue.com/new-icefilms ... y-on-xbmc/ If these addons are detrimental to the server performance maybe there should be a sticky put up about these addons.

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Re: Bot like activity

Post#2 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:00 pm

Hi fewolfhunter,

Yes. I think this could be a problem. If it does become one, I'm sure the connection/pageview settings will be tightened to block the offending ips. People will then find it necessary to find another library plugin.
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Re: Bot like activity

Post#3 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:32 am

why does everyone and their sister feel the need to make yet another icefilms xbmc plugin?

:roll:
"Lets burn this mother down!"

* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

Permanent-Illusion
Average User

Re: Bot like activity & XBMC plugins

Post#4 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:18 pm

Would this explain why the anarchintosh icefilms plug in no longer lists the actual episodes of tv shows on icefilms via xbmc? I throughly enjoy the plugin and hope it returns to normal use soon. I have no need for massive scraping, I am just interested in using it to watch my usual selection of tv shows and some movies through an easy interface without having to plug my comp into the tv everytime. I use appletv1, used to work like a charm, even provides optical audio.

Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#5 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:49 pm

it's likely he just needs to update his script
"Lets burn this mother down!"

* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Post#6 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:47 am

It's a script problem....

From XBMC site...

download Default.py - here - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40915480/default.py

and just put it in your plugin.video.icefilms folder how to get here depends what you are using Windows 7 or APTV2 serch for that folder and replace the Default.py with the one you downloaded

Apple Tv 2 - var/mobile/library/preferences/xbmc/addons/plugin.video.icefilms (same for Ipad or Iphone or IpodTouch)

Windows 7 - appdata/roaming/xbmc/addons/plugin.video.icefilms ( you need to have on " Show Hidden Files and Folders to get here )

And always Remember to thank ndeshmukh or trogggy or any one that helps and makes icefilms.info addon work and make it better and keep this always alive

This worked for me!
Now I've got a link... What the hell do I do with it?

Considering helping us find links? Please read this!

Return to “XBMC”