Icefilms in XBMC not displaying TV shows

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

thechrisreese
meh

Re: Icefilms in XBMC not displaying TV shows

Post#16 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:36 pm

Yeah I just posted on the XBMC forum that with 1.0.12 and the updated default file all works. But when it updates to 1.0.13 some seasons are lost. Both with full shows not appearing and some shows only having seasons up to 2007 or so.

Topic Author
RogueSolo
no0b

Post#17 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:09 pm

Thanks for the info gspat, that was very helpful. I updated the file and things seemed to work great.

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#18 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:08 pm

And here is a Quote From the XBMC Creators I think. But you should take this advice anyway.
Icefilms seems like it’s under attack again today (and late last night.) The site seems to be going down for minutes at a time all day before being quickly restored. Also there have been a number of reports XBMC plugins not working. If you’re using the classic Icefilms XBMC plugin then things should be running okay until the site hickups. If you’re using IceLibrary, same deal but make sure you don’t set your refresh rate to high or else you’re ip will be at risk of banning (they rightfully don’t want you constantly scraping the Icefilms site!)

Sooo for now just stick to the download and watch method of getting the video files because a service interruption will probably cause IQS to freeze up and you’ll have to wait a little while to access your movie file again.

ANSARY
no0b

Post#19 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:39 am

i have the same problem with the tv shows if anyone can help us it will be so gr8 :) someone told me to delete ice films and re install it again i would love to know if it will work fine or not (think)

source_code
no0b

Post#20 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:30 am

hey guys,

this is my first post however i have been a IF user for quiet some times now.

I noticed no TV season and show listings starting this past Friday 10/07/2011

I figured that one of you gurus would catch the problem and issue an update for all the masses however i waited over the weekend and as i got more and more bored, i figured that i can put some of my wasted time to good use.

Fired up PyPE, opened default.py for xbmc addon icefilms.

So here's the fix:

Depending on your installation and OS you might need to look for the addons folder elsewhere, but i am using xbmc on a forked version of debian, i will be giving linux relative path details.

Path to icefilms plugin default.py

~/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.icefilms

Once there. look for the file "default.py"

open default.py in your favorite python editor. I am using PyPE.

Now goto Line "1070"

The code on this line should look like this

Code: Select all

season_list=re.compile('<h4>(.+?)</h4>').findall(ep_list)

Change it so it looks like

season_list=re.compile('<h3>(.+?)</h3>').findall(ep_list)

Next. goto Line "1104"

The code on this line should look like this

match=re.compile('<h4>'+name+'.+?/h4>(.+?)<h4>').findall(source)

Change it so it looks like

match=re.compile('<h3>'+name+'.+?/h3>(.+?)<h4>').findall(source)

save and close.

You should be good to go at this point.

The only drawback that i noticed is rather visual than functional. In tv shows, the season listings have some extra html href tags that get scraped along. However this does not affect the functionality of icefilms plugin, in any way what so ever.

Here is my complete "default.py". You can simply copy and paste this to replace the contents of your default.py

PasteBin Link : http://pastebin.com/vghL2aYv

apt-get
no0b

Post#21 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:36 pm

Found this on the XBMC site.. Worked for me so I thought I would pass this along.

download Default.py - here - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40915480/default.py

and just put it in your plugin.video.icefilms folder how to get here depends what you are using Windows 7 or APTV2 serch for that folder and replace the Default.py with the one you downloaded

Apple Tv 2 - var/mobile/library/preferences/xbmc/addons/plugin.video.icefilms (same for Ipad or Iphone or IpodTouch)

Windows 7 - appdata/roaming/xbmc/addons/plugin.video.icefilms ( you need to have on " Show Hidden Files and Folders to get here )

And always Remember to thank ndeshmukh or trogggy or any one that helps and makes icefilms.info addon work and make it better and keep this always alive

Return to “XBMC”