XBMC: functionality/MU SSL+login+no delay+resume/Other sites

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
maymann
no0b

XBMC: functionality/MU SSL+login+no delay+resume/Other sites

Post#1 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:16 pm

Hi forum,

I'm considering installing Ubuntu+XBMC+IceFilms plugin. It is important for me to get a secure line...
1. Is IceFilms torrent based (does it share anything, or is it 100% pure download) ?
2. Does IceFilms support SSL+login+no delay+resume if I purchase subscription from MegaUpload.com (will this make it secure?) ?
3. Can it be configured to support other sites and also UseNets like e.g. GigaNews.com ?

Thanks in advance :-) !

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Re: XBMC: functionality/MU SSL+login+no delay+resume/Other s

Post#2 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:27 pm

1. Is IceFilms torrent based (does it share anything, or is it 100% pure download) ?

100% pure download (Streaming is 100% download to temp file)

2. Does IceFilms support SSL+login+no delay+resume if I purchase subscription from MegaUpload.com (will this make it secure?) ?

Secure is as secure does... there technically is no resume (only in a download manager), but you can download the file for later viewing within XBMC.

3. Can it be configured to support other sites and also UseNets like e.g. GigaNews.com ?

Yes it can. Google "xbmc couch potato" for examples.
Now I've got a link... What the hell do I do with it?

Considering helping us find links? Please read this!

Topic Author
maymann
no0b

Post#3 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:23 am

Hi gspat,

Thx for you quick reply - now just leading to some additional questions:
2. If I buy MegaUpload subscription and thereby get SSL, is there somewhere within IceFilms GUI, where I can enable this (eg. https://ssl.megaupload.com) or do I have to edit a file somewhere ? Couldn't a download manager be integrated in IceFilms (or is it already on the RFE-list ?), to make resume possible if you exit the stream for some reason...?
3. Couch Potato looks interesting indeed, but it lacks the nice streaming feature that I find extreamly cool in IceFilms (no local files, coverflow, "instant" start).
What I meant was actually (sorry for being vague): can I change "source" within IceFilms GUI to point to e.g. GigaNews, or will the files have to be in a special format for this to work (not NZB's) ?

Thanks in advance :-) !

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Post#4 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:43 pm

#2...

I don't know! Maybe check out the wiki and forums for XBMC on that one.

#3...

No.. each has their own interface and work differently... I recall reading that with gignews and other usenet services, you tell it what you want, and it goes out and fetches it for you for later viewing, then tells you when it's ready for you to watch. It's a rather different setup from icefilms.
Now I've got a link... What the hell do I do with it?

Considering helping us find links? Please read this!

Return to “XBMC”