hi all,new could do with some help (xbmc on my atv2)

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
leezy
no0b

hi all,new could do with some help (xbmc on my atv2)

Post#1 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:21 pm

hi all and thanks for looking,

i have xbmc on my atv2 with icefilms, now im not sure but alots of the films dont seem to play.

now i dont know if i need to update or anything or if its just theat the films have been removed.?

and also if i do need to update the repo, errr how do i do it, or is there something in settings i should know of.

thanks

alan..
Last edited by Way on Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit title

Way
RedTek

Re: hi all,new could do with some help (xbmc on my atv2)

Post#2 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:42 pm

First off welcome to the forum.

I know nothing about the ATV2 or xbmc , but in this help section you may read other post that cover the subject.
I hope you can find your answer in this section if not someone will be along to help ....In the mean time do some reading on the other posts I'm sure the answer is already posted....

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Post#3 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:11 pm

The add-on should update to the latest version auto-magically...

What version do you have?
Now I've got a link... What the hell do I do with it?

Considering helping us find links? Please read this!

Topic Author
leezy
no0b

Post#4 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:31 am

gspat wrote:The add-on should update to the latest version auto-magically...

What version do you have?

im running 4.4.4 fw and installed atv2 (black) from filecore

thanks

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Post#5 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:52 am

I just heard that XMBC just endorsed SOPA and are disavowing any connection with Ice so if you have any say to them let them know what kind of low life cowards they are and if they are messing with your working XMBC in any way let us know

Topic Author
leezy
no0b

Post#6 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:29 am

uh.???

what do you mean.?

can you explain a litte more dont understand sorry.

thanks

blueboomerang
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#7 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:39 am

leezy wrote:uh.???

what do you mean.?

can you explain a litte more dont understand sorry.

thanks

It means that XMBC just sided with the Internet Censorship bill in Congress called "SOPA" and that XMBC will now actively discourage efforts by its users to download copyrighted material. If you want to continue using XMBC to view videos from sources like Icefilms, you need to complain about this political stance to the major XMBC people. Google it and you will find info about this. If SOPA passes, with XMBC on their side, then you, my friend, will be SOL in terms of downloading any shows. In fact, XMBC website just banned any discussions of downloading copyrighted material, so they are serious about shutting you down.
There are also numerous threads regarding protesting SOPA on the Icefilms Forum. Just use the search function.

Additionally, there is a thread dedicated to ATV2 or xbmc and use of Icefilms. Search those threads carefully for your answers.

Also, read the thread, "BEFORE YOU POST" by Nevermore669 at the top of each forum page.

ninjaen
no0b

Post#8 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:30 pm

i have problems whit installing a meta container 9/feb/2011 could that be the cause that xbmc made this deal.?

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Post#9 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:21 am

While I appreciate political commentary (you know that I do), please try to keep it to a minimum here - I think you're confusing people and derailing their requests for help. ;)
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

Return to “XBMC”