apple tv been working all of a sudden stopped script error

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

GoldenCyn
Heart on for IceFlims

Re: apple tv been working all of a sudden stopped script err

Post#16 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:00 pm

yuni97 wrote:Golden (((Whats the fix ))))???

The Fix is in the second post

Topic Author
legend_018
Average User

Post#17 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:06 pm

ok I'm trying to make sense of something. Is this something that every apple tv user will have to implement? Or will there be a later more automatic fix to the problem?

Or are we not sure at this point?

dmarks83
Average User

Post#18 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:18 pm

legend_018 wrote:ok I'm trying to make sense of something. Is this something that every apple tv user will have to implement? Or will there be a later more automatic fix to the problem?

Or are we not sure at this point?

Hopefully the people who now look after the icefilms script will update it but the fix I added in post 2 will keep you going for now. When I get home from work I'll link to the site I got the instructions from as it's probably a good one to have in your bookmarks.
I like to to tweet about Apple which goes right against my hatred for corporate greed, but hell it's better than bigging up MaccyD's - @iAppBlog

GoldenCyn
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#19 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:28 pm

So basically, here's a list of paths:

AppleTV 2: /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.icefilms/

AppleTV 1: /mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Library/ApplicationSupport/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.icefilms/

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.icelibrary\mega

Windows 7: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.icefilms\mega

Mac OS X: macHD > Users > User > Library >Applications Support(To find the XBMC folder, you need to opt+click the GO menu in Finder. Then you will see the mentioned Library folder.
> XBMC > addons >Plugin.video.icefolms >mega

Topic Author
legend_018
Average User

Post#20 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:19 pm

well I finally decided to implement the fix "replacing the file as instructed in post #2".
I tried one movie and it worked, which is better than getting the script error.

dmarks83
Average User

Post#21 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:46 pm

legend_018 wrote:well I finally decided to implement the fix "replacing the file as instructed in post #2".
I tried one movie and it worked, which is better than getting the script error.

Better than nothing I suppose mate. I'm sure it will get resolved properly in an update
I like to to tweet about Apple which goes right against my hatred for corporate greed, but hell it's better than bigging up MaccyD's - @iAppBlog

Luisa
no0b

Post#22 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:55 pm

Hello! can you please explain me how to get to Private? im new here and I cant find it

GoldenCyn wrote:So basically, here's a list of paths:

AppleTV 2: /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.icefilms/

AppleTV 1: /mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Library/ApplicationSupport/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.icefilms/

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.icelibrary\mega

Windows 7: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.icefilms\mega

Mac OS X: macHD > Users > User > Library >Applications Support(To find the XBMC folder, you need to opt+click the GO menu in Finder. Then you will see the mentioned Library folder.
> XBMC > addons >Plugin.video.icefolms >mega

prospect700
no0b

Post#23 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:03 pm

Thanks... dmarks83's post worked perfect... (post #2)...

MovieWatcher2000
meh

Post#25 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:57 pm

I bought my Apple Tv 2 jailbroken on ebay, I tried connecting it to my laptop using mini USB, and it's requiring me to have the Apple CD, am I doing something wrong?????

chadmparker
no0b

Post#26 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:17 pm

when I try to download the new file I get this: Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request.

Any ideas?

chadmparker
no0b

Post#27 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:29 pm

found the file elsewhere. everything is working now.

MovieWatcher2000
meh

Post#28 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:36 pm

Can someone please help me, I downloaded WinSCP for my Windows Vista, entered root as username, and alpine as password didn't work for WinSCP or Putty, also tried frontrow as username and password, still did not work, can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong, when I enter ip address, then username it works, but password never works. Idk which i should enter it on putty or WinSCP, I have tried both, and still get "Access Denied", it is taking so long for me to find my File System to see if i can get this to work, once i have access to it i should be able to correct my problem.

stormdizzle
meh

Post#29 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:42 pm

MovieWatcher2000 wrote:I bought my Apple Tv 2 jailbroken on ebay, I tried connecting it to my laptop using mini USB, and it's requiring me to have the Apple CD, am I doing something wrong?????

you have to SSH into it, cant use the micro usb...

Anyone know if an official fix is in the pipes to auto-update or is this going to be manual only?

dmarks83
Average User

Post#30 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:47 pm

MovieWatcher2000 wrote:Can someone please help me, I downloaded WinSCP for my Windows Vista, entered root as username, and alpine as password didn't work for WinSCP or Putty, also tried frontrow as username and password, still did not work, can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong, when I enter ip address, then username it works, but password never works. Idk which i should enter it on putty or WinSCP, I have tried both, and still get "Access Denied", it is taking so long for me to find my File System to see if i can get this to work, once i have access to it i should be able to correct my problem.

So in WinSCP you are entering your aTV IP Address in the host name box, root as the username and alpine as the password? Should be working. Maybe try disabling your firewall while you try.

Return to “XBMC”