Stream from website directly to xbox 360

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
ness282
no0b

Stream from website directly to xbox 360

Post#1 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:07 pm

I've been trying to get this to work, but am running into dead ends with both PMS and the Playon Plugin. Playon plugin has the video and starts to play, but it says video is not in a format it can play. PMSencode does not work for xbox 360 and therefore no streaming. Any one know how to do this? Can I make PlayOn reencode the video on the fly?

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Re: Stream from website directly to xbox 360

Post#2 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:45 pm

From what I understand Playon does reencode on the fly. Playon is a transcoding media server. Have you checked the Playon forums under transcoding? I would definitely start with deleting/ installing updates for software and scripts. Sorry I can't be more help, your setup is foreign to me.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Topic Author
ness282
no0b

Re: Stream from website directly to xbox 360

Post#3 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:41 am

So apparently the Playon icefilms plugin requires a megavideo premium account to work. Now correct me if I'm wrong but everyone who uses PMS, xbmc, or just the website don't have premium accounts? Seems like a waste of time to me, guess I'm stuck just plugging in my laptop or tablet to hdmi until I scrape together the cash for an APTV2.

Return to “XBMC”