Adding ice films to XBMC on Apple TV 2

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
rm78
meh

Adding ice films to XBMC on Apple TV 2

Post#1 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:44 pm

Good Afternoon,

I recently added XBMC to my apple tv 2 and haven't been able to figure out how to install the icefilms add on.

When I go to add ons in XBMC icefilms is not in the list.

Is there a way I can add it manually?

Thanks

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Re: Adding ice films to XBMC on Apple TV 2

Post#2 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:47 pm

You have to add the repository first, then you can install the addon...

The simplest way I found is to add the repo installer. This will let you automatically install almost any addon for XBMC.

http://hd420p.co.uk/tag/repo-installer/
Now I've got a link... What the hell do I do with it?

Considering helping us find links? Please read this!

Topic Author
rm78
meh

Post#3 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:14 pm

Thanks for the help.

I also have another issue that is preventing me from adding the repo installer.

I have been unable to figure out the correct settings for the apple tv 2 to connect to my mac book. I am able to get it to work with media player just by using the afp protocol and my ip address. But when I try to enter the same settings on XBMC it says unable to connect.

I have tried almost every combination of paths I can think of, if someone could please post an example of settings for a setup like this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Post#4 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:38 pm

It's been a while for me with a mac, so hopefully this will actually help...

Have you tried sharing folders on the mac? It should be able to connect to a shared folder and access anything you put in it.

Topic Author
rm78
meh

Post#5 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:24 pm

Actually I got it installed this afternoon. Used cyberduck to upload the repo installer onto the apple tv.

Had a minor issue with ice films being broken but after I did the check for updates and force refresh I was able to instal Ice Films.

The only issue I am having now is that when I try to watch a movie after about 30 seconds or so the movie pauses due to buffering.

Will it return to playing on its own when it is done buffering or do I have to press play? I tried pressing play after a few minutes but the same thing happened again about a minute later.

Also is this due to it being a new release and everyone trying to view it?

Thanks!

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Post#6 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:43 pm

no, that's due to a slow connection from RS due to being a free user. You'll need rs pro to fix that unfortunately.

Nothing else that can be done until we get another host site added for the files!

Topic Author
rm78
meh

Post#7 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:15 pm

Thanks for your help, I did the 30 day rs pro account and that has solved my problem with the buffering.

Shuggie14857
no0b

Post#8 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:03 am

How do I fill in the SSH address for my appletv to load icefilms?

Miles
no0b

Post#9 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:32 pm

gspat wrote:You have to add the repository first, then you can install the addon...

The simplest way I found is to add the repo installer. This will let you automatically install almost any addon for XBMC.

http://hd420p.co.uk/tag/repo-installer/

Hello. Novice here in AppleTV2 so please bear with me. I have similar problem so I thought of posting in here instead of opening a new thread. The icefilm in my apple tv2 is showing broken connection or something like that. I went to add-ons but icefilms menu are greyed out except for the log.

I have thought of reinstalling it. After downloading the repo installer mentioned above to my PC (Windows OS), how would I upload that file to the AppleTV2 box? I have a USB to micro USB cable. Could you tell me the procedure in details? Thanks.

Eldorado
Average User

Post#10 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:49 pm

First thing - ensure your XBMC is Eden RC2

Daywalker5150
meh

Post#11 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:17 pm

I am having this exact same issue and can do nothing to install icefils again as it uninstalled itself and says it is broke. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Return to “XBMC”