Script Errors with XBMC and Apple TV2

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
bobbyjoe3
no0b

Script Errors with XBMC and Apple TV2

Post#1 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:13 pm

I been receiving plugin script errors just recently this morning when I try to click on the title links on ATV and XBMC. I never had this problem prior to the recent issues with the servers, and even afterwards... Until today! I did not change anything on ATV. I have the latest update 1.0.11 (if that is the latest). I'm assuming it has to be on the server side or MU. Has anyone else experienced this situation? Icefilms does work on my iPad, but I would rather use apple tv.

JEWES
meh

Re: Script Errors with XBMC and Apple TV2

Post#2 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:05 pm

I fixed it

On ATV2 you need to edit two files.

\private\var\mobile\Library\Preferences\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.icefilms\default.py
\private\var\mobile\Library\Preferences\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.icefilms\metautils\metahandlers.py

Search and replace www.icefilms.info with vds.icefilms.info

leopoldbutters
no0b

Post#3 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:20 pm

is there a fix for people using windows? unable to open those files on a windows machine

JEWES
meh

Post#4 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:29 pm

You Can just open Them with note pad. Search for the files under your user account on c drive

Topic Author
bobbyjoe3
no0b

Post#5 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:42 pm

So vds.icefilms.info is official now? Im out atm, but will try the fix when I return. Thank you in advance!! :)

JEWES
meh

Post#6 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:48 pm

Dont know if it is official but it works for now

leopoldbutters
no0b

Post#7 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:49 pm

works perfect - sorry that was a retarded question i asked :red:

Laylow
no0b

Post#8 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:14 pm

Can someone break it down using a PC to SSH to my ATV2 for the first time? I'm totally new to SSH and have no idea how to use my computer to communicate with my ATV2 to change the URLs

townsl
no0b

Post#9 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:53 pm

I am receiving those same problems. Could someone tell me how to change the default.py.

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Post#10 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:07 pm

This won't help you... the vds site is no more...
Now I've got a link... What the hell do I do with it?

Considering helping us find links? Please read this!

ClutchKargo
meh

Post#11 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:46 pm

gspat wrote:This won't help you... the vds site is no more...

What does the "vds site is no more" mean?

Noob here too..........Everything has stopped working for me today in xbmc. Been using Hulu, Icefilms, and FreeCable all are getting failed script errors.

Are there some files I need to delete and replace or is it a bigger than me issue. running seasonpass on atv black untethered 4.3. Thanks

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Post#12 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:24 pm

Way back in pre-history, there was a site called vds.icefilms.info that was a backup of the main site for temporary use while icefilms was changing servers...

Now that the old site is completely gone, the vds site was removed.

As for your problems with XBMC using ATV... your best bet would be to go to the XBMC forums, and post a detailed message of exactly what your problem is, what you see on screen while the errors are happening and possibly a log file of what the program is doing internally...

XBMC and it's assocated plug-ins are completely separate entities from the icefilms site. As such, support for them should really be directed there.

Granted, sometimes, some of us here that also use XBMC can lend a helping hand, but your best chance for support is at the XBMC forums.

Hopefully, these links will be of some help to you...

Code: Select all

Support forum for the icefilms plugin:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=87703

Support forum for ATV (iOS):

http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?f=137

Read this first when asking for help:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=92480

I hope this helps you!

.:Edit

By the way all your scripts are failing, it sounds like a connection issue... check your router and whether or not you are getting an IP address.

ClutchKargo
meh

Post#13 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:51 am

gspat wrote:Way back in pre-history, there was a site called vds.icefilms.info that was a backup of the main site for temporary use while icefilms was changing servers...

Now that the old site is completely gone, the vds site was removed.

As for your problems with XBMC using ATV... your best bet would be to go to the XBMC forums, and post a detailed message of exactly what your problem is, what you see on screen while the errors are happening and possibly a log file of what the program is doing internally...

XBMC and it's assocated plug-ins are completely separate entities from the icefilms site. As such, support for them should really be directed there.

Granted, sometimes, some of us here that also use XBMC can lend a helping hand, but your best chance for support is at the XBMC forums.

Hopefully, these links will be of some help to you...

Code: Select all

Support forum for the icefilms plugin:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=87703

Support forum for ATV (iOS):

http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?f=137

Read this first when asking for help:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=92480

I hope this helps you!

.:Edit

By the way all your scripts are failing, it sounds like a connection issue... check your router and whether or not you are getting an IP address.

Thanks for getting back. My internet connection is good when I am not in xbmc my atv works fine and accesses the internet just fine. Nav-x is not working either so it's really everything in xbmc. However, in the system info area on xbmc it does recognize being connected with IP. Could my ISP Comcast be blocking me somehow??

I will head on over and post in the xbmc forum, I've been trolling there too.

Thanks.............

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Post#14 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:57 am

hmmm... is it possible to clear the cache and see if that makes any difference?

ClutchKargo
meh

Post#15 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:48 am

gspat wrote:hmmm... is it possible to clear the cache and see if that makes any difference?

Remember I am a noob and not sure how to clear the cache but I would guess it has to do with ssh into the atv with cyber duck which I have done with ease.

Please help further and I'm sure I will be able to clear the cache.

Thanks so much.........

Return to “ATV2”