Icefilms on ATV 1 45 seconds and buffering problem

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
nindy
meh

Icefilms on ATV 1 45 seconds and buffering problem

Post#1 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:11 pm

Hello !

I'm new to this have come across this site by accident, I recently installed the plugin on my ATV1 via XBMC, the Icefilms works BUT I get a 45 second buffering wait and then when I play the movies it starts to buffer !

I'm running the latest version of the add on and have read about the 'default' script etc...

What I wanted to ask is if I sign up to ' Mega Uplaod' will the buffering be cured as a paying memeber ?

Any help and assistance appreciated.

I'm running XBMC version 10.1 and .17 of Icefilms, and live in the UK my broadband is 4 meg. Streaming Icefilms via a hardwired connection and decdicated Ip address.

I will be jailbreaking my ATV 2 later this week as well !

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Re: Icefilms on ATV 1 45 seconds and buffering problem

Post#2 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:10 pm

The initial 45 seconds isn't a buffer, it's a wait time dictated by Megaupload.

Signing up as a free user gets the initial wait time to 25 seconds.

A premium account should get rid of it altogether.

Have fun!
Now I've got a link... What the hell do I do with it?

Considering helping us find links? Please read this!

Topic Author
nindy
meh

Post#3 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:09 am

Will I still have wait for the movie to buffer every 10 mins or so?

I will be running Icefilms via ATV 1 so how will MU know that I am accessing via my account to get the wait time down.

I have just answered my own question, i put my a\c details in the Icefilms a\c screen - sorry for being stupid :)

Thanks !

twikoff
meh

Post#4 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:53 pm

Im running icefilms on my atv2 with a premium megaupload account..
the issue i run into isnt the buffering, its the cache full

is your appletv running wireless or wired?

Topic Author
nindy
meh

Post#5 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:49 pm

My Atv1 and Atv2 is hardwired, I have ran a cable from the router to AVT2 downstairs and upstairs I use 200mps av mini plugs.

The upstairs AVT1 seems fine no buffering issues I'm only playing dvd rips as I heard ATV can not handle HD and running ver .18 of icefilms.

The downstairs AVT2 seems to buffer even on dvd rips and thats hardwired as well ???

Could you tell me what the stream is like as a premium member pls, I think I may sign up for a month to see how I get on. Also any other problems you have encountered.

The cache full problem is a problme with XBMC I believe I read that somehwhere not sure how you can fix this.

I have to say Icefilms is a great site !!!!!!!

UPDATE ..........................

I have signed up for a Premium membership for a month to see what its like to streaming films. I'm still getting a buffer problem on some films e.g Final Destination 5. The access to the filsm are slighty faster no wait time but I get the 'working' prompt in the corner of my ATV2 for about 20 secs.

I'm going to to test the AVT1 that I have in the bedroom tomororw and see what thats like. Its a shame I get the buffer problem ( 3my line is 3.5 meg)

Return to “ATV2”