buffer speed help - ATV2

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
lachanc3
no0b

buffer speed help - ATV2

Post#1 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:12 am

Hi guys,

Just picked up my ATV2 yesterday and jailbroke it... I have Icefilms installed on it and it works fine but the buffer speed is sooooooo slow. I'll wait maybe 15 minutes before even starting the movie and the buffer stick will only have moved half an inch... By the time i play the movie/show, i have 3-4 minutes before i have to wait for it to buffer again... It's really getting irritating... What can i do to improve it? I have a 4/5 internet connection on the ATV2, but i'm not sure the MBps..

Thanks in advance!

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Re: buffer speed help - ATV2

Post#2 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:08 am

That is megaupload and a bad connection to the file.

Give it some time and try it again.
Now I've got a link... What the hell do I do with it?

Considering helping us find links? Please read this!

bmanhas
no0b

Post#3 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:51 am

I have been trying the same thing for the last 4 days, 24, Season 1, episode 17 has 6 links to MegaUpload, all do the same thing.......buffer for a few min, get a few min video, then it pauses, and same thing.

Nevermore669
Obsessively Addicted

Post#4 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:57 am

Not being an xbmc/atv2 user, I don't know if it might be something else, but sometimes strange things happen with MU...I think it's a server thing. I've had perfectly good links refuse to download for me when they work fine for seemingly everyone else. I've had links to specific shows start to download, then peeter out and stop, for no apparent reason. Sometimes these things just happen.
Ignorance and callousness are not virtues

A bleeding heart is a symbol of holiness, a symbol of compassion, not an epithet

When our discourse sinks to the level of meaningless, pejorative labels and personal name-calling rather than honest reflection and reasoned dialogue, we are no longer a people, but a mob

andreasb
Average User

Post#5 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:32 am

@Lachanc3:

Do you have a premium account? That would affect your buffering speed quite a lot. However, I'm not able to watch 720p movies even with premium, but then again I download at 1.9mb/s - which seemingly isn't enough.

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Post#6 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:06 am

ATV users can't properly use 720p avi files.

It's a hardware issue, since it's optimized (more or less) for h264 rather than the xvid codec.

freestylegreek
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#7 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:04 pm

So you mean its not the internet speed? So if i ever want to watch any HD quality movie or tv show I cant cause of the ATV hardware not being able to give the HD quality?

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Post#8 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:22 pm

Well, yes and no...

From what I've read, there are a few things to try...

If you have a samsung TV, turn off trumotion, that may help a bit

I found this tidbit that may help you as well..

After lots of trial an error i found changing Audio/Video in ATV2 to 16Bit and Coaxial/Optical in XBMC fixed the problem immediately also found that using Sync Back DropDupe option really leaned out the quality.
Video now plays exactly the same as it does when rented from iTunes store.

freestylegreek
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#9 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:02 pm

Interesting. My parents do have a samsung lcd tv so i'll check that out and the other settings for atv 2.

Return to “ATV2”