Apple TV icefilms HD 720p judder streaming problems

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
Oldham2001
no0b

Apple TV icefilms HD 720p judder streaming problems

Post#1 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:04 pm

I have jailbroken apple tv 2 running firmware version 4.3, broken usin seasonpass, installed xbmc and added icefilms, i have a fibre optic broadband connection downloading 36mbps, regular DVD films stream fine, however HD/bluray standard do not, some work but most stutter/judder and are unwatchable, I have tried having apple tv wired and wireless and also pausing film to let load up cache but doesn't fix it.

Is there any solution to this would really like to watch HD quality movies?

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Re: Apple TV icefilms HD 720p judder streaming problems

Post#2 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:41 pm

I posted this on another thread... Let me know if it works at all for you!

From what I've read, there are a few things to try...

If you have a samsung TV, turn off trumotion, that may help a bit

I found this tidbit that may help you as well..

After lots of trial an error i found changing Audio/Video in ATV2 to 16Bit and Coaxial/Optical in XBMC fixed the problem immediately also found that using Sync Back DropDupe option really leaned out the quality.
Video now plays exactly the same as it does when rented from iTunes store.
Now I've got a link... What the hell do I do with it?

Considering helping us find links? Please read this!

Topic Author
Oldham2001
no0b

Post#3 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:09 pm

Thanks for comments my tv is a Sony nx723 series,

I have tried all the other suggestions and still appears to be juddering on sound and video, I was hoping I'd cracked it :-(

Any other thoughts? Thanks

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Post#4 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:39 pm

I just posted in another thread that what you guys should be doing is creating logs while you use your ATVs along with taking notes about what is happening at the time and posting it up on the add-on forums.

Unless they can see what is happening, they can't fix it... unless fixing some other problem also fixes what is wrong for you (dumb luck)...

If they can't reproduce it, make a video with a cel phone showing what the issue is, and post it as well, so they have as detailed a report as possible.

I do hope that they can help you fix the issue! And please, when the issue is fixed post here with the info so others will know what needs to be done as well!

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Post#5 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:41 pm

btw...

does sony have a feature like trumotion?

Topic Author
Oldham2001
no0b

Post#6 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:42 am

Sony has a feature motion flow which I believe may be similar I turned off but sadly this didn't change anything and juddering still present!

Arthur_Farr
no0b

Post#7 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:59 pm

I've had the same issue. I know it's not my internet connection. I tried the suggestion above:

i found changing Audio/Video in ATV2 to 16Bit and Coaxial/Optical in XBMC fixed the problem

and this seemed to stop the juddering. However, maybe it's just me, but I appear to have sacrificed some picture qualilty hen making these changes?

freestylegreek
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#8 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:01 pm

I have the same issues and i played around with setting on xbmc and the tv im using is a samsung lcd but i dont see this tru motion or whatever its called.

I have a wifi G router and i got a 10mbps connection and of course im using apple tv 2 wirelessly.

Topic Author
Oldham2001
no0b

Post#9 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:11 am

I've tried above but still doesn't seem to work, any other thoughts?

freestylegreek
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#10 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:18 pm

I'm going to buy a Wireless N router and see if that fixes anything.

I even connected apple tv 2 wired to a samsung tv and even to a regular lcd monitor and you know what it still jitters.

I think if the wireless N router doesnt work i may just try to hook up my computer to the apple tv 2 and a samsung tv and see how that works out.

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Post#11 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:33 pm

did you try changing the Audio/Video in ATV2 to 16Bit and Coaxial/Optical in XBMC?

freestylegreek
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#12 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:16 pm

Yup that does nothing. Ive read on many many sites that APPLE TV 2 has the worst processor for HDTV files it says it can only play certain ones better then the rest.

bro339
Overachiever

Post#13 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:19 am

well well..wat can we conclude from here??

"APPLE SUCKS!!!!!"

freestylegreek
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#14 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:17 pm

I think the IPAD has a better processor then the Apple TV 2.

blueboomerang
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#15 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:30 am

freestylegreek wrote:Yup that does nothing. Ive read on many many sites that APPLE TV 2 has the worst processor for HDTV files it says it can only play certain ones better then the rest.

My brother got one of these gigs. We had talked about streaming IF to his TV, etc. He said the problem was that ATV2 was built primarily to direct people towards Itunes for their movie sources. (--Just like with the iPod initially, where you could really only purchase and download tunes from Itunes. They created a product in which Apple would be the only provider of the extra services bought.) It worked fairly well when they paid for and streamed movies from Itunes. Otherwise, he said there were complicated compatibility issues when people tried to access other sources (than what you pay for through Apple, & maybe Netflix ?) for online video sources. I think in the past, Apple has pulled some tricks like that? My brother also said that using wifi to stream on more than one device in this whole ATV system can cause degradation in sound and picture quality, so you should have the computer plugged into ATV or the television plugged into the ATV--that it didn't work well to rely only on wireless for transmission.

During the holidays, we had discussed getting our mom an ATV or boxee kind of set up so she could stream movies from her computer to her new TV. Ultimately, we decided it was a no-go, because there were too many compatibility and quality issues.

I don't know if my brother was correct in his information. And I know very little about Apple--I've tended to avoid Apple products. So, I could very well be talking out of my butt. But just in case there is some accuracy in my understanding of my brother's experience with his ATV (and he has a very tech savvy family) I decided to share, in case this info could help someone. If I am inaccurate, let me know so I can delete. Thanks. Good luck.

Return to “ATV2”