why icefilms works on another appletv2 but not mine

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
legend_018
Average User

why icefilms works on another appletv2 but not mine

Post#1 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:13 pm

ok, my motherinlaw has an appletv2. I went over there today for the first time since MU went down and decided to try icefilms. I went to like 3 movies and they all worked. Went back home and same ole working message when I try to click on a movie on my appletv2

Now I'm wondering why I get the working message and than nothing on my appletv2. I originally just figured it must have something to do with everything being worked on. But, now I"m starting to get curious to why mine won't work.

If there is anything I can do, please let me know. Both high speed internet and on mine other plugins like Navi-X for example work.

Thanks

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Re: why icefilms works on another appletv2 but not mine

Post#2 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:43 pm

reinstall, reinstall, reinstall...

It's the apple mantra!
Now I've got a link... What the hell do I do with it?

Considering helping us find links? Please read this!

Topic Author
legend_018
Average User

Post#3 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:58 pm

gspat wrote:reinstall, reinstall, reinstall...

It's the apple mantra!

I just happen to do that actually. It was on 1.0.24 though. I uninstalled the add-on. Than I even downloaded the 1.0.24 that's out there now, installed it on the box and the addon got enabled after doing that. Rebooted of course.
Version is 1.0.24 but same issue. Seems like everything I click on, I get the working message for a little while and than nothing.

I was kind of suprised to see it working so flawlessly on my motherinlaws house. : (

Topic Author
legend_018
Average User

Post#4 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:14 pm

I even uninstalled the add-on and deleted the directory on the box. Than reinstalled from scratch.

One movie I clicked on gave me a rapid share option, after some 3/4 minute wait...it started.
However, most of the movie links I go into only show 2S and they don't work. unless it was a coincidence...I'll have to call tomorrow to see - the same appletv2 using icefilms played 3 movies in a row over at my mother in-laws.

pontuskrusing
no0b

Post#5 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:51 am

legend_018 wrote:I even uninstalled the add-on and deleted the directory on the box. Than reinstalled from scratch.

One movie I clicked on gave me a rapid share option, after some 3/4 minute wait...it started.
However, most of the movie links I go into only show 2S and they don't work. unless it was a coincidence...I'll have to call tomorrow to see - the same appletv2 using icefilms played 3 movies in a row over at my mother in-laws.

+1

Nothing happens when i try to connect to 2shared, but rapid share works all the time!
Pretty weird. Any solution for this?

Return to “ATV2”