'Playback failed' on my Apple TV 2, but movie starts!?

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
usk78dk
no0b

'Playback failed' on my Apple TV 2, but movie starts!?

Post#1 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:26 pm

Hi,

I have the Apple TV 2, which I have just jailebreaked again on installed all the latest updates.

The Apple TV Software is 4.4.4 (3330)
It has the XBMC 11.0-BETA2 Git: 20120120-f76c547 installed
The Icefilms add-on is 1.0.24

When i try to play a movie from RapidShare, i get the error 'Playback failed - One or more items failed to play, Check the log file for details'. The movie startes in the background, but the error box is still up. When i press OK, the movie stops and I get back to where I can select the file to play.

I have tried to search the web on looking in this forum, but hasn't been able to find a solution. Maybe I just can't find it, cause there's a lot of info out there. Really hope I can get some help with this a somebody can let me know where to find a solution.

Thanks!

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Re: 'Playback failed' on my Apple TV 2, but movie starts!?

Post#2 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:12 pm

Computer users get that too... except it says "Downloaded video is not a divx file" and plays just fine.
Now I've got a link... What the hell do I do with it?

Considering helping us find links? Please read this!

Topic Author
usk78dk
no0b

Post#3 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:48 am

Is there a solution for this? Doesn't seem like all users get this, so I guess something most be wrong? As it is now, I can't really use Icefilms, cause there's not much fun watching a movie with an error box in the middle of the picture (sad)

bamfste
no0b

Post#4 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:10 am

Hi, I had the same problem and then found this post from last year. It seems to have solved my problem. Now no more box just loading time and buffering issues. Hope it helps. Here's the link.

http://code.google.com/p/anarchintosh-p ... id=4&q=box

Topic Author
usk78dk
no0b

Post#5 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:16 pm

Thanks alot. This solved my problem.

Return to “ATV2”