AGORAPHOBIC NEEDS HELP

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
kindnessofothers
meh

AGORAPHOBIC NEEDS HELP

Post#1 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:09 am

Hello ICE comrades,
As an agoraphobic, I have not been to a movie in 9 or 10 years. I want to experience new 3d. I have only ever seen the anaglyph (blue/red) in my youth. I have done some reading online, but would value the help from this forum more.
1 It will be for movies, NOT gaming.

2 Any other advice will not go unappreciated.

Sark
Heart on for IceFlims

Re: AGORAPHOBIC NEEDS HELP

Post#2 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:49 am

What exactly do you need help with? Finding a suitable TV? A computer screen?

Topic Author
kindnessofothers
meh

Post#3 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:12 pm

Sark wrote:What exactly do you need help with? Finding a suitable TV? A computer screen?

Thanks for the prompt response. I would probably go with a computer monitor. 21" or bigger. I would be watching by myself so the issues of multiple watchers should not be a problem. I wear regular glasses, don't know if that matters. I am not abject to wearing nVidia etc glasses.
I should have mentioned, it will be for movies from Ice films, so i won't be out buying 3d movies. Essentially, I would like a cool experience without spending a fortune. I have been looking at new egg at the monitors with glasses, but I know there are a couple of types of 3d. What hardware is needed etc. Thanks for asking, if I am not being clear about something just ask..P

cqc7401u
meh

Post#4 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:11 pm

Admittedly don't know a ton about 3d computer monitors since I haven't been in the market for one.

I had been contemplating a 3d television though - Toshiba, Vizio, and LG make some affordable PASSIVE 3d televisions. You wear glasses - but they are just polarized (similar to the cheap glasses people currently use at 3d theatres). I myself would not be interested in the "Active shutter" glasses require from most other 3d displays - require batteries, being heavier, and more expensive. I have a feeling most 3d computer monitors will require Active Shutter glasses.

Asking yourself if it's worth it is a good question. I have not liked a 3d movie at the theatres yet.
I did see a passive tv at Best Buy playing a 3d cartoon and was fairly impressed though, but passed on it for a larger, cheaper screen.

fewolfhunter
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#5 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:48 pm

kindnessofothers wrote:
Sark wrote:What exactly do you need help with? Finding a suitable TV? A computer screen?

Thanks for the prompt response. I would probably go with a computer monitor. 21" or bigger. I would be watching by myself so the issues of multiple watchers should not be a problem. I wear regular glasses, don't know if that matters. I am not abject to wearing nVidia etc glasses.
I should have mentioned, it will be for movies from Ice films, so i won't be out buying 3d movies. Essentially, I would like a cool experience without spending a fortune. I have been looking at new egg at the monitors with glasses, but I know there are a couple of types of 3d. What hardware is needed etc. Thanks for asking, if I am not being clear about something just ask..P

You will find more answers here. http://forum.icefilms.info/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=63070&hilit=help+with+project

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Post#6 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:42 pm

When I first started the testing on 3D files, some good info was posted by others.

You might want to check out that link as well...

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=55767
Now I've got a link... What the hell do I do with it?

Considering helping us find links? Please read this!

rm11
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#7 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:42 pm

you dont need a 3d monitor to watch 3d movies.. half sbs etc work on a normal screen with certain programs.. as long as you have red/cyan glasses .. if you would like more info send me a pm.

or click the link above that gspat posted

Sark
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#8 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:24 pm

Thank you all for giving him/her advice! I'm rather clueless when it comes to the subject of 3d anything. So thanks again (F)

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Post#9 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:24 pm

I'm hoping kindnessofothers has all the info needed for a decision!

If not, anything I can answer i'd be glad to help!
Now I've got a link... What the hell do I do with it?

Considering helping us find links? Please read this!

Topic Author
kindnessofothers
meh

Post#10 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:49 am

Thanks to all of you. I have tried the files and the dual colored glasses. It is okay for one or two viewings. It seems that most anyone I have talked with about it, tells me (as is pointed out by cqc7401u) that its enhancement is not worth the $$. I think I would rather take the money and buy some more ram and make a donation to IF. P

Return to “3D”