3D on My 2D TV Help

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

niurka76
Heart on for IceFlims

Re: 3D on My 2D TV Help

Post#31 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:34 pm

i downloaded the sdview and was able to follow up all the way to the last step
to change the display ratio
that option is not available in the view menu. what can i do to complete the setup?

rm11
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#32 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:46 pm

go to Start/All Programs/sView then load "sView Movie Player"

then open the file with that. do not load sview from your desktop

sossqq
no0b

Post#33 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:31 pm

I am getting eror when I open sview. It says : StOutAnaglyph Plugin. Failed to init Frame buffer (mine is dell inspiron 17501750 btw)

rm11
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#34 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:35 pm

just looked around and couldnt find a solution for that so its got me puzzled.. you might want to try and re-install the program or maybe install Bino and play your movies with that. Alternatively pm me and i can send you a link to another 3d player. Thats all i can say to be honest

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Post#35 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:18 pm

I believe that is a FFDShow issue.

Maybe try re-installing sview or try bino instead?
Now I've got a link... What the hell do I do with it?

Considering helping us find links? Please read this!

d4m4s74
Average User

Re: how do can i watch H-SBS films on my NON-3D TV?

Post#36 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:00 am

With a normal TV you'll either have to watch crosseyed without glasses, or (after first editing the video file with a certain program linked by shark) anaglyphic 3d glasses (you know, red/blue or red/cyan)

sossqq
no0b

Post#37 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:55 am

These softwares (bino, and sview ) requires support of open GL thing...and dell inspiron have it's separate kind of build in graphic card . However, stereoscopic works!!
This one shows 3d effects on my 2d laptop : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3CYpVr2_S0
Then, I tried inception with it but result is not that good compare to that video . I am gonna try avatar now.

nathananalex
Average User

3D movies

Post#38 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:13 pm

I really don't want to start any debate about the 3D movies,any new content is great .I was just wondering if maybe something small could be done designate 3D movies in the list.I usually go to"newly added" and with my old grandma eyes it is overwhelming to find the non-3D movies.Maybe just use a different color text for 3D,if that is even possible?
Anyway,thanks for all the hard work,and if this keeps up,I think I know what I will be hinting and hoping for from the kids and grandkids for xmas ;)
Last edited by gspat on Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged with main help topic

TurtleBoy
Average User

Post#39 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:05 pm

I have some 3D glasses from when I saw Avatar, they are the kind that just look like tinted sunglasses, is their anyway to get these to work? or are they the "polarized" ones discussed above? the classic 3D glasses SUCK for atually watching a movie

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Post#40 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:46 pm

Those are the polarized ones

lissa512
no0b

Post#41 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:00 am

I have a question. My Tv is not 3D but i usually download the movie i want to a USB then play it on my LED tv. Problem here is the programs you have on here are only to watch it on my computer in 2d mode. My Tv and computer are no where near each other to run a wire from my moniter to my tv. i cant convert it and download it to my USB to play on my tv. Do you know of any programs that do that?

rm11
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#42 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:31 am

i doubt there is one but something you could do is play the movie on sView on your pc in anaglyph and then get a screencapper to record the movie playing .. then take that file and put it on your usb stick.. and hey presto it will be an anaglyph video file. LOL yeah its a stupid idea but i dont know what else to tell you..

there might be another way but itll be very complicated and youd have to mess around with an encoding program..im no expert though :)
and you already said you cant put a wire to your tv cuz thats exactly what i do.. have the laptop next to the tv and connect it with a hdmi.

Good luck!

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Post#43 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:52 pm

These video files simply aren't meant to be viewed like that (USB stick in standard HDTV).

You are, in your case, better off using the 2D version.

Unless you want to spend 2 - 4 hours re-encoding the video, which defeats the purpose of the 3D video because it would simply be 2D again.

Like mentioned in the tutorial, these files are meant to be used with a computer connected to a HDTV that can run a program to play the videos, or on a 3DTV itself.

rm11
Heart on for IceFlims

Re: how do can i watch H-SBS films on my NON-3D TV?

Post#44 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:08 pm

the tutorial is here
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=72246

OGRastamon
code of Deez

Post#45 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:32 pm

Thanks for the tutorial. Worked like a charm and kept me from snapping my newly arrived 3D glasses. One question. Have you any idea how to hide the UI in Sview? With both top and bottom toolbars it's taking up a lot of real estate. I can find nothing on their website or on Google so maybe someone just stumbled on the trick.

EDIT...and as often happens the problem solves itself as soon as I ask. Don't know why the auto-hide didn't kick in sooner unless it was a plot to embarrass me.

Return to “3D”