3D on My 2D TV Help

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Re: 3D on My 2D TV Help

Post#16 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:46 pm

SMR561 wrote:Is there a way to view the 3d videos on my computer using the glasses you get from the movie theater? Or, what is the 3D vision driver that I get when I install my Nvidia driver? I emailed Nvidia about that last week and haven't heard back. Do I need to purchase special glasses for that?

No. They might work with passive 3DTV sets though.

As far as Nvidia 3D vision... Everything I've seen about that points to your display has to be 3D capable to begin with.
Now I've got a link... What the hell do I do with it?

Considering helping us find links? Please read this!

bigmex13
no0b

how do can i watch H-SBS films on my NON-3D TV?

Post#17 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:17 pm

and what type of 3D glasses do i need, if any at all?

Sark
Heart on for IceFlims

Re: how do can i watch H-SBS films on my NON-3D TV?

Post#18 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:20 pm

OptimalDwarf
no0b

Post#19 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:24 am

I'm probably being a complete idiot but what is the best way to stream one of your SBS-3D films and view them in 3D with my Nvidia 3D vision shutter glasses and 3D Ready Asus monitor?

sabae22
meh

Post#20 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:33 am

Would it be possible for you to also post the non 3d link. I have followed the instruct to the T but two screens appear all the time

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Post#21 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:38 am

OptimalDwarf wrote:I'm probably being a complete idiot but what is the best way to stream one of your SBS-3D films and view them in 3D with my Nvidia 3D vision shutter glasses and 3D Ready Asus monitor?

Honestly, I don't know.

I have never used that system.

Don't you need nvidiaplay or something to play media files?

Does the monitor have the ability to turn on a 3D mode?

If you can do that, fullscreen the application (sview) and turn on the 3D mode... It should work.

.:Edit: You may need to use the Nvidia 3D Vision Video Player at this link.

Since I don't have this, I can't really help you with it too much!

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Post#22 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:43 am

sabae22 wrote:Would it be possible for you to also post the non 3d link. I have followed the instruct to the T but two screens appear all the time

double check your settings against the tutorial, you definitely missed something.

You most likely didn't set the view mode correctly:

sview:
media > Source stereo format > parallel pair
view > stereo output > stereo

bino:
input > left/right. half width (you may need to scroll down to see it)
Output > Red/cyan glasses > Full color method

For all the 3D stuff.. except a couple documentaries, there are already 2D versions available.

gilly278
no0b

Post#23 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:36 am

Hey, I just downloaded sview and followed the instructions to a T, until I was supposed to change the display ratio. I have no option for that when I click on view. Do you know why this is or where I can find it? thanks

gspat
Oh my Santa!

Post#24 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:19 am

every version I've used has the display ratio in the same location...

I can't think why yours doesn't show up.

can you post a screen shot showing your menu vs mine?

Topic Author
Way
RedTek

Post#25 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:22 am

From the Tut here: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=72246&p=196665#p196665

Step 4 - Set the aspect ratio.
G-Spat :)

You have to do this step twice... Once to set the aspect ratio to 16:9, and a second time to tell it to always use it.

But I can use my scroll wheel on my mouse to change it you may even have a control on your keyboard I have that also , or your display output may not be set correctly under your OS ?

Please post back with your setup ;)

rm11
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#26 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:39 am

make sure you have loaded the movie player and NOT the image viewer.. they are quite similar

MrFluffyknees
Average User

Post#27 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:27 pm

Sview not recognizing .Part files. Cannot watch while downloading. Aaspect ratio not appearing on my Sview either. Do we have an older version? There is only one download link on the Sview page that I could see.

MrFluffyknees
Average User

Post#28 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:42 pm

Nevermind. The problem is the desktop shortcut created by the Sview installation program only loads the image viewer, not the media player. You have to go to the folder, pick the media player and create the shortcut yourself. Fricken stupid. Oh well, thanks for the info!

Topic Author
Way
RedTek

Post#29 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:59 pm

http://www.sview.ru/en/download

click the words Archive of versions there are 3

I would recommend the newest version

To play a .part file first open sView then click media open movie > from one file > this will open a file location window > now in the bottom right It will say all supported in a drop down menu Just above the OPEN CANCEL buttons change that from all supported to > any file ( * ) now the .part will show up click on it and click open sView will start playing the file.

The aspect Ratio is under View>Display Ratio set it to 16:9 then set it to keep on restart.
If you don't see this option then open a file/movie then go to full screen and look for it in the same location.
Like I said I can use my scroll wheel on my mouse I can also use the (+ -) plus minus keys on my keyboard to change the zoom/aspect ratio.

I had this already typed up so it may help others I will leave it posted. You prolly missed the selection on the install for the shortcut ? I don't let any program make short cuts so I unchecked them all, but they prolly was a check for making one ?
Glad you got it sorted/working
Have fun ;)

rm11
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#30 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:53 pm

yeh for future reference.. go to Start/All Programs/sView then load "sView Movie Player"

Return to “3D”