"Wrong IP " message

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
nathananalex
Average User

Re: "Wrong IP " message

Post#31 » Thu May 02, 2013 1:09 am

Well now I want to pull my hair out .Chrome private browsing does not work,after navigating through having no adblock I still get the same results .I had high hopes for FF ,but after all of the installs ,I still get " wrong IP " . I really appreciate the efforts to help me ,but I think it may be a lost cause . I would just reinstall W7 and start over,but all of the pc's and laptops at my home behave the same way . I just keep coming back to somehow my IP is causing this ,but I hate to confront them and draw attention to the amount of streaming and downloading that I do .

Thank you for the help

supernova
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#32 » Thu May 02, 2013 2:40 am

Maybe you could try SafeIP.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/S ... feIP.shtml

It is free,pro version is for torrents.I use it sometimes when I reach limit on Movreel.
Don't use Referer Protection because downloading sometimes doesn't work.Actually
use only IP Protection and maybe Browser Protection.
Hope this helps.

Topic Author
nathananalex
Average User

Post#33 » Thu May 02, 2013 7:37 am

I just want to reach through the internet and hug you !!! Using SafeIP now and I can download from all hosts with no problem !! Thank you so much !!

I wish I knew what in the world caused my problems ,but you have given me an easy solution . (sun) Thank thank you thank you!!

supernova
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#34 » Thu May 02, 2013 8:37 am

I am glad SafeIP is working great for you.
I guess your ISP is culprit for your problems.
Support for SafeIP is great.You can find everything at freesafeip.com.

nikkisixx316
Heart on for IceFlims

wrong ip address

Post#35 » Sun May 05, 2013 7:13 pm

I am in the middle of moving to a place where I have a whole different internet provider and every time I try to download a tv show or movie on any of the site like 180 or billion or vidhog when I click on download now it says wrong ip.....how can I fix this??
Thanks!!!!
Connor: Destroy all that which is evil.
Murphy: So that which is good may flourish.

Duperret
Heart on for IceFlims

Re: wrong ip address

Post#36 » Sun May 05, 2013 8:37 pm

Another thread that states a similar issue...

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=96536&p=233473&hilit=ip+address#p233473

This could help.

:)

Russtronic™
Jeddak

Re: wrong ip address

Post#37 » Sun May 05, 2013 9:59 pm

Chk the other thread.. We need to know your ISP. That is the only thing that comes to mind in this situation.. In a day or so I will combine these threads.

Way
RedTek

Post#38 » Sun May 05, 2013 10:57 pm

So Sorry I put them together/combine (rock)

Topic Author
nathananalex
Average User

Post#39 » Tue May 07, 2013 5:43 am

I am the OP and have never found a real fix to the "wrong IP " error.However,using the download of the program "safe IP" I can work around it and download from all hosts. However after I am finished downloading I uninstall SafeIp and run Ccleaner and reset my internet adapter due to my grandkids and I play World of Warcraft on this pc and it will not connect to the correct server with SafeIp installed. So I just keep SafeIP in my download folder and reinstall each night to get my downloads.

If no one in your house plays online games you can leave it installed,but if you get any errors about problems connecting to the correct server on a website you can uninstall like I do. It is a small file and takes seconds to reinstall.

My internet provider is CMA cable ,they recently were in the news for injecting their own ads on to Apples website for their customers without Apple's permission.

supernova
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#40 » Tue May 07, 2013 10:07 am

Are you sure you have to uninstall SafeIP when playing online games ?
Did you try to turn off SafeIP (right-click on system tray icon - exit) ?
I don't play online games so I don't know.New version of SafeIP is out.
You can update it "over the top" without uninstalling previous version.

Topic Author
nathananalex
Average User

Post#41 » Tue May 07, 2013 12:06 pm

I tried turning it off but my browser seems to keep the changed IP address in its memory.I have already updated SafeIp to the new one,but I confess I haven't tried any games since . When the grandkids come over I will give it a try without uninstalling --but I honestly don't mind ,I uninstall with "tools" on Ccleaner then I run the registry cleaner ,and resetting my network adapter needs to be done often with our crummy Arris modem anyway. And the grandkids are not here every day. The above works ,I can download for my mom and my husband , I am thrilled to have this work around .

Thanks again !

babble2fish
meh

Post#42 » Fri May 31, 2013 1:09 am

Hello... I wanted to add that I am experiencing the exact same problem with billionuploads. They have changed what the check box does. It is now to mark that you agree to the terms of service:
By downloading the file you agree to our terms of service
download your file easily with Billion Uploads download manage

If I remove the check mark and want to download (NOT stream) the file, I get the 'Wrong IP' message.

If I leave it checked, then I have to download the .exe download managers program. I refuse to install this as it wants to install toolbars, replace my default search, change my home page, install other questionable software, etc....

If anyone else is downloading and not streaming from billionuploads without using their download manager, please tell me how you are doing this.

Thanks

Way
RedTek

Post#43 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:44 pm

This Help Section is locked goto the new section>
viewforum.php?f=137

Find your system and Ask for help in the section that fits your needs.

And please Read this post if you don't understand>
viewtopic.php?f=137&t=98363

Return to “Other”