IceStream Android Application Support Thread

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Sharondb
no0b

Re: The Official IceFilms Android Application Support Thread

Post#136 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:48 pm

Is there a problem with the ice stream app? I keep getting an error message when I try to download. Plesse help me with this. (sad)

Duperret
Heart on for IceFlims

Post#137 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:26 pm

There appears to be a problem with it... I just use the chrome app and go through to the site and go through the download link.... I have done it both with Sharebees and Movreel.. You have to download then watch no streaming...

broncofand
Average User

Post#138 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:07 pm

Hello, I used ice stream for the past few months and it has worked alright until now I had to exchange phones and my exchange was for the same phone and now ice stream won't work and I keep getting the error message that ice stream can't load. Please help I miss my ice stream

Way
RedTek

Post#139 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:17 pm

Hey Everyone, just wanted to apologize to everyone who's grown to love this app. Unfortunately my day job has been keeping me too busy to devote any real time to updating this app. However, I am still looking for any seasoned Java/Android developers who are willing to help out. If that's you, please drop me a line. In case I don't find anyone willing/able to help out or commit, I am hoping to release parts of this app's code. I'd love to release all the code to this app, however, large parts of it is commercial code that I can't make public. But I am planning on releasing the parts that seem to change constantly (ie: the parts that handle parsing the various file hosts' websites) so that anyone will be able to help out. It's gonna take a bit of time to change the project around to make that possible, but at least there's light at the end of the tunnel :)

Thanks,
Harry

This is the person that was doing this App.
It never was Official I will change the Title again.
For it to be Official it would have to be maintained.(by IceFilms)
This is not.
Dupret has made a Work around Tutorial here:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=85428

Topic Author
Harry Muscle
Average User

Re: IceStream Android Application Support Thread

Post#140 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:34 pm

Good news everyone, the source code for the IceStream application is now available on GitHub (https://github.com/HarryMuscle/IceStream). It includes all of the source code related to accessing the IceFilms website as well as the code used to parse the various hosting provider websites. There is some code that I'm not able to release (cause my company has other applications based on it) but I included it as a closed-source library called MegaStreamLibrary.jar in the libs folder. Fortunately the code in that library doesn't need to change often, if at all.

Feel free to help out as much as you can by submitting pull requests on GitHub with updates/patches to the code.

I also wanted to let everyone know that the founder of IceFilms will now also be playing a significant role in the continued development of this application.

Lastly, just a quick note that I'm releasing all this code under a modified version of the GNU General Public License, so all the standard GPL rules apply. The modifications are outlined in the License.txt file as well as in each source file.

Thanks,
Harry

broncofand
Average User

Post#141 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:08 am

Hello, I have a Samsung Intercept Android Phone that I purchased in 2012 and I download the Ice Stream App and at that time I was able to use this App and a couple of months later in 2012 my phone had broken and my cellphone carrier sent me a new samsung intercept because in was under warranty. And now my new phone I installed ice stream and I can get it to work and everytime I try to download from ice stream I receive a error message saying (can not get information from ice stream) and this what happens, I tried going onto the main website via the phone and it worked one time and now it won't. Please help me

Way
RedTek

Post#142 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:55 am

i got this e-mail from the good folks over at XBMC HUB, here is the highlight of it.

We're very proud to announce that our sister site has finally released a good version of XBMC for Android complete with all the bells and whistles you've come to love from XBMC. Since XBMC still doesn't support hardware accelerated video decoding on most devices, this device employs an external player to do so. It also has many of the customizations you've come to love in our Wizard application. Check it out: http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2013/01/17/ ... n-seconds/

Best Regards,

Team XBMC HUB Staff

I hope this helps yall Android users, I don't have one so I haven't tested, but all the info and links to their forums is on that page. Good Luck ;)

This is nothing to do with IceFilms if you have questions or problems take it to them.

http://www.xbmcandroid.com/forums/forum.php

Way
RedTek

Post#143 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:22 pm

Confirmed by another staff member that the XBMC for Android works ;)

claudiapaglioli
no0b

Post#144 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:19 pm

Install the application but when I download the video (coby mid9740) mark errors

Abe
AbeZ Apostle

Post#145 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:12 pm

Harry Muscle wrote:I also wanted to let everyone know that the founder of IceFilms will now also be playing a significant role in the continued development of this application.

Which founder of IceFilms are we talking about?
"Lets burn this mother down!"

* ALL SUPPORT REQUESTS VIA PM WILL BE IGNORED. INSTEAD, SEARCH THE FORUM, POST, OR START A NEW TOPIC.

Way
RedTek

Post#146 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:16 pm

And why was this an Official post title to begin with ? MOD logs

Even with a ? and PM back and forth. MOD logs

Then changed again. MOD logs

Topic Author
Harry Muscle
Average User

Post#147 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:33 pm

Abe wrote:
Harry Muscle wrote:I also wanted to let everyone know that the founder of IceFilms will now also be playing a significant role in the continued development of this application.

Which founder of IceFilms are we talking about?

Answered via PM.

Thanks.

TruckerTM
no0b

Post#148 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:12 am

I really miss this app. I've been streaming Icefilms via XBMC Android. I miss being able to dl with this app. Streaming is laggy with lots of unbearable buffering. Is there anyone currently working on getting this app up and running again? I'd be willing to donate some $$$ along with others to help fund this app perhaps? ...maybe a kickstarter.com to fund this app? I'm just brainstorming ideas....anything to help this app running again.

gillygilly
no0b

Post#149 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:18 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums here. I'm posting with what is probably a simple questions, but I can't seem to figure it out. I just got the EKR Ice Stream app from google play on my galaxy nexus. I opened it, and clicked on streams. Here is where I'm stuck. It says choose one of our streams (128k mp3 stereo or 64k mp3 stereo). I am able to select 128k, but there is no button to continue or move forward from there, so I'm just stuck here. I've tried tapping/clicking on everything. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

broncofand
Average User

Post#150 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:50 pm

I have a Samsung Intercept and the Ice Stream did work at one time but know everytime I try to use it, Can't download/connect to the ice stream servers

Return to “Other”