Does movreel no longer work?

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
rcartwright
meh

Does movreel no longer work?

Post#1 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:39 am

Can only download 1 out of about 30 movreel files, Why are so many fake? Whats up

Way
RedTek

Re: Does movreel no longer work?

Post#2 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:51 am

Premium Features

Free -- Registered -- Premium

Max upload file size
1024 Mb -- 2048 Mb -- 4096 Mb

Download volume
2048 Mb in 1 days -- 8192 Mb in 1 days -- Unlimited Mb in 1 days

Daily Limits

Topic Author
rcartwright
meh

Post#3 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:01 am

the links don't work! Your response makes no sense

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#4 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:39 am

Forum rules

1. PUT AS MUCH INFO AS YOU CAN IN THE SUBJECT LINE (for example: Gabriel source 7 plays upside down).

2. PUT PAGE URL & SOURCE# IN MESSAGE BODY WHEN REPORTING LINKS. EXAMPLE

If you would provide what rule #2 asks for, we could answer you better.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Topic Author
rcartwright
meh

Post#5 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:56 pm

For the last month 90% of the movreel links fail if you try to download from there site. Follow the normal links to the final screen and click off the download manager button and hit download. The file acts linke normal but after a minute I get an error message in my download screen. As an example over the last two days both Sky fall and the hobbit links worked perfectly but the links for SVU, and American horror that were just posted this morning both fail to work. If you use firefox to bring up the links you will get a message stating that the files "do not exist"

Code: Select all

http://movreel.com/5mkmrsg9oq9w/American.Horror.Story.S02E10._.XviD-AFG.avi
Last edited by Repdaddy on Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: coded link

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#6 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:45 pm

Always code direct links. For future reference, you need only post the Icefilms page URL and source # ;) I just downloaded the link you provided in firefox with no errors. The fact that you mentioned a "download manager button" leads me to believe you need to change some settings in your manager or try without it.
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Way
RedTek

Post#7 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:39 pm

Rep he is talking about the movreel BS box for the download manger thingy.
He is doing it correct.

To the OP have you cleared your Browser Cache / Download History ?
This is copied from mozillazine Unable to save or download files
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unable_to_sav ... load_files

Clear the download history

In the Firefox (Tools) menu, go "Downloads" and click "Clear List". This will remove the stored history of downloaded files in Firefox, not the actual files that are stored on your computer.

If clearing the list doesn't help or it causes Firefox to hang or crash (or if the Downloads window is already empty), you can manually clear the download history, as follows:

Open the Firefox profile folder (see the linked article for details).
Close Firefox completely (if open).
Delete (or rename) the file downloads.sqlite, which stores the downloads history in Firefox 3 and above. It will be regenerated when needed.

Note: You should also delete the downloads.rdf file (if it exists). This file stored the downloads history in older Firefox versions and is no longer used. [13] [14] [15] [16]
[edit]
Prevention

If clearing the download history resolves the issue, you can set Firefox to not save a download history in your "Privacy" options for History. Click "Tools -> Options -> Privacy" and set "Firefox will:" to "Use custom settings for history" and then uncheck "Remember download history". However, this will automatically clear the Downloads window, leaving it empty after each download is completed. As an alternative, you can set Firefox to clear the download history whenever you close Firefox:

Under "Privacy / History", select "Firefox will -> Use custom settings for history", then select "Clear history when Firefox closes", click the "Settings..." button and select "Download History" in the "Settings for Clearing History" window.

How to clear the Firefox cache
http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how ... efox-cache

Topic Author
rcartwright
meh

Post#8 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:45 pm

All movreel files prior to about Dec 1st on the icefilms site work fine so I question what is now different about he site and it's new files?

Way
RedTek

Post#9 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:30 pm

Nothing is different about the site (IceFilms) all links are still hosted on file hosts sites. Like Mov, Billion, Share, 180 IceFilms is just a library of links.
This said IceFilms has nothing to do with the speed of downloads.
As far as the files nothing has changed in a long time now.
The scene changed the format/container of files at the beginning of this year to include .mkv .mp4 as standard formats to replace .avi because of the x264 this makes for a higher quality video file at a lower file size.
The scene decides what format is to be used and they are the ones that make the files. IceFilms just finds the links (from the internet) that they the scene release.

Files found on IceFilms can be .mkv .mp4 .avi or .flv for the most part this is the only file extensions/containers that are posted.

The only thing that changes here on IceFilms is the IQS (Ice Quick Stream) script.
This only changes when a file host makes changes and stops the script from working. This doesn't even have to be used to download the files it is only for Streaming with VLC or Divx players, and also has nothing to do with the speed at which you download from a host.
Each Host has Limits (File Size, Daily Limits, ECT) for Free Users- Free Registered-and Premium Users.
Some hosts offer Premium accounts that you pay for monthly fees this will increase the limits and wait times, ADS, ECT.
Mov, Share, offer Paid Premium accounts.
Other hosts like 180 and Billion don't offer premium well Billion offers some sort of deal for less ads but not sure about anything else.

So I hope this helps you understand a little more on the speed issues problems your having.

Depending on your location and the location of the server of a host, and the user load of the server , will have more influence on your speed than any other thing.
Sometimes it is just slow and nothing can be done about it other than patience.

trainsho
meh

Post#10 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:41 am

OR IS IT ME< for several days now (after becoming a paid member, I know I know what was I thinking) at movreel I get the http 503 error after going all the way to the end of page clicks and then on start the download IN my downloader program IDM ...... I get the 503 error temporary unavailable over and over again ....(didn't used too) I pretty sure its me, but WHAT is the problem....... arrrrrrgh....... help

armada
no0b

Post#11 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:55 am

When I use movreel I get to the download page but the download now at the bottom right of the screen does not appear, any suggestions? Thanks

Italionstallion8888
meh

Post#12 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:05 pm

armada wrote:When I use movreel I get to the download page but the download now at the bottom right of the screen does not appear, any suggestions? Thanks

I'm having the same thing happen. Not sure how to fix it.

Way
RedTek

Post#13 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:35 pm

Italionstallion8888 wrote:
armada wrote:When I use movreel I get to the download page but the download now at the bottom right of the screen does not appear, any suggestions? Thanks

I'm having the same thing happen. Not sure how to fix it.

I use search and then ask ?'s hope it helps ;)
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=81907&hilit=movreel+doanlod+button

If not PLS post back

Return to “Other”