NEED HELP VIEWING VIDEOS

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
Jbuss300
no0b

NEED HELP VIEWING VIDEOS

Post#1 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:16 am

To whom it may concern:

First and foremost I need some step by step instructions on WTF to do.

I managed to download enough stuff to watch videos for a brief amount of time. In this case, I am trying to watch episodes of Dexter. I managed to be able to watch stuff through DivX it seems. I recently went to watch Episode 6 Season 2 and it wouldn't load the way it had been. At the bottom it said something about I had reached my download limit. So I started clicking on some of the links to try see what the problem was but I just don't quite understand. Between all the things I should be downloading and with all the popups and ads telling me to download shit I just want some help. I'm not really that computer savvy when it comes to technical shit.

Pretty sure I have the IQS installed. I see that i should be watching videos through VLC which I have downloaded but haven't watched one video in it. Up until now I have been able to click episode. Click the source link and the video is there. I click the DivX play icon and it has loaded with no complaints.

After reading some I think I am not watching video's the preferred way.

I just don't understand the difference in chrome vs. IE, tampermonkey, trixie, scripts, fucking 588 something something script that I have no idea what to do with, greasemonkey. I have no idea what I need.

Please someone have some patience and help me out. Thanks
Last edited by Repdaddy on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: moved to help/tech

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Re: NEED HELP VIEWING VIDEOS

Post#2 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:40 am

Step one) remove IQS and whatever script nanager(monkey, trixie) that you are using.

Step two) You requested step by step, here you go http://forum.icefilms.info/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=68515 Follow whatever steps necessary for the browser you use.

Step three) If you still have problems, report back with the issue and be as descriptive as you can. You need not write a book, but things like what browser, what sources, what page URL, etc., may be needed.

Jbuss300 wrote:Pretty sure I have the IQS installed.

You can check that in your tools>addons

Jbuss300 wrote: I just don't understand the difference in chrome vs. IE, tampermonkey, trixie, scripts, fucking 588 something something script that I have no idea what to do with, greasemonkey. I have no idea what I need.

They are all script managers for different browsers. Grease is for firefox, tamper is for chrome, trixie for I.E. Use the appropriate one for your browser to manage the IQS which is needed in all instances ;)
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Way
RedTek

Post#3 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:12 pm

At the bottom it said something about I had reached my download limit.

You answered you own question.

Some of the hosts have a daily limit.

You reached it wait a day or try a different host.

Sharebees and Movreel have limits.
They also offer premium that raises/removes the limits. Paid service ;)

Movreel limits

Download volume Free=2048 Mb in 1 days Registered=8192 Mb in 1 days Premium=Unlimited Mb in 1 days

Sharebees limits
Download volume Free=500 Registered=700 Premium=Unlimited

180 limits

Billion limits

So if it was working and you reached your daily limit then sign up for a free account that will raise you limit some , or use a different host.

k0la99
no0b

Post#4 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:16 pm

Hi there,

I also seem to be having problems viewing videos as well for past two days. I'm using a new macbook pro and my viewer is latest version of firefox. I have the greasemonkey installed and the IQS script. Let me describe what happens, I pick a program, click on the host site. The script then displays the play button with the download button below it. I hit the play button and nothing happens, instead of getting an option that asks open file or save as. There is a file saved in my download folder, which is normal but nothing happens.

Here is what I have done so far:
1. reset, this is usually clutch for me and solves all problems. I curled into the fetal position when this didn't work.
2. Downloaded IQS script and greasemonkey again then reset the computer
3. tried to update firefox but i have the latest version
4. Cleared my cache and deleted my temp files
5. Drifted thru forums trying to find the fix.
6. Reset again - just in case
7. clicked various different host sites but have the same problem
8. Went thru video tutorial again

not sure what else to do.

Finally, Thank you so much for this site. I am on it all the time and have had no problems, until now. Thank for all that you do and thank you for any help you can offer.

Return to “Other”