Divx error message when trying to stream... Please help.

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
Optimist_Prime
Average User

Divx error message when trying to stream... Please help.

Post#1 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:39 pm

Alright here is my issue, every time I try to stream a video I get this message that says the download has failed and I need to check my connection settings. I know my connection is fine, so is there way I can fix this? Thank you.

fatgirlstryhard
Relentlessly Obsessed

Re: Divx error message when trying to stream... Please help.

Post#2 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:12 pm

have you updated the script. new one out. could be that simple if it's about movreel.

ravengode
meh

Post#3 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:56 pm

I keep getting the same error, my connection is fine, and my script is up to date. Any help would be appreciated.

Way
RedTek

Post#4 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:58 am

First clear Divx cache if that doesn't help then clear browser cache if that doesn't help then clear browser cookies,cache,Divx cache.

The player isn't getting a connection from the host your trying this is normally a cache or cookie issue.

ravengode
meh

Post#5 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:22 am

Hmm. Still running into problems. it won't work in VLC either. Not sure what is going on.

Way wrote:First clear Divx cache if that doesn't help then clear browser cache if that doesn't help then clear browser cookies,cache,Divx cache.

The player isn't getting a connection from the host your trying this is normally a cache or cookie issue.

Way
RedTek

Post#6 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:39 am

@ ravengode

What is happening and What system are you on PC/MAC>Browsers?

Are you streaming/downloading please give more info on your problem and we will try and help you get things fixed ;)

ravengode
meh

Post#7 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:16 am

I am on a PC (Pent 4 3.0g / 1.5 g RAM) Windows XP sp3. Using Firefox 19.0.2. I am trying to stream, and the download button doesn't seem to work either, nothing happens when I click on it. When I reset my computer that seems to fix the problem but only briefly. After a stream or two it goes back to giving the error message.

Additionally the last couple of days that I have been able to stream, I have run into very slow speeds.

I did notice that when I went into the Dos Command Prompt that when I try to flush the DNS that it wouldn't do that, and that somehow that opperation has been disabled. Not sure how to turn it back on, as the options to do such in windows aren't able to be clicked.

And thank you for all the help! I appreciate it very much :)

Way wrote:@ ravengode

What is happening and What system are you on PC/MAC>Browsers?

Are you streaming/downloading please give more info on your problem and we will try and help you get things fixed ;)

Way
RedTek

Post#8 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:13 am

How to clear FireFox browsing history/cache/download/ect.
http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how ... efox-cache

How to clear Divx Cache.
http://labs.divx.com/node/16188

Got to start > programs > administrative tools > services
You'll likley find you DNS client has been disabled

How to flush DNS (note you may have to run as admin when doing this)
http://www.mydigitallife.info/how-to-fl ... dns-cache/

Ccleaner http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
Is a free tool that will clear your browsers/cache/cookies/downloads/Temp files/Recycle Bin/DNS/ , and a whole lot more funtions. Even has a Reg cleaner and a uninstall tool.
I have been running it for years now after reading about it here in this forum.
I have mine set to clean everything I want, and run it every night, and clean my Reg after any updates/program changes, or uninstalls.

See if any of this INFO helps?
I will check back in later.

ravengode
meh

Post#9 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:16 am

I can't get to the DNS client the way that you describe. I had to do it this way:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919746

This seems to have solved the problem of connecting. I forgot that I added DeSopa to firefox and that disables the DNS. Movereel is still not connecting but it doesn't give the error message.

Otherwise yes I had been using those methods already. Thanks for the reminder on them though.

I am however getting really slow buffer speeds (less than 100kps). I usually get above 300. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks again!

Way wrote:How to clear FireFox browsing history/cache/download/ect.
http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how ... efox-cache

How to clear Divx Cache.
http://labs.divx.com/node/16188

Got to start > programs > administrative tools > services
You'll likley find you DNS client has been disabled

How to flush DNS (note you may have to run as admin when doing this)
http://www.mydigitallife.info/how-to-fl ... dns-cache/

Ccleaner http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
Is a free tool that will clear your browsers/cache/cookies/downloads/Temp files/Recycle Bin/DNS/ , and a whole lot more funtions. Even has a Reg cleaner and a uninstall tool.
I have been running it for years now after reading about it here in this forum.
I have mine set to clean everything I want, and run it every night, and clean my Reg after any updates/program changes, or uninstalls.

See if any of this INFO helps?
I will check back in later.

Way
RedTek

Post#10 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:55 am

Na I really don't think there is a fix for this slow speed other than paying for Premium service.

The file/server may be under heavy load causing the slow speeds.
Your location from the server may be causing the slow speeds.
The host may be limiting your speed. You can try registering for a free account or Pay for Premium.
You can try another link from the same host (if available) , or try later (server load) may be lower at that time.
You can try a download manager/ Jdownload/Orbit/Down them All/IDM/ECT.

I have Premium Mov and use Jdownloader , and I have seen one Mov link run at my max speed (18M), and the next run at (200kbs).
So I would say it is either the location of the server the file is located on or the server load at the time of the download.
Nothing will make it faster than it is.
But using Jdownloader I can que multiple links and set it to re-connect, so while I'm watching something I have already got it will run in the back ground and I really don't care how slow it is. FYI you can set the MAX speed and # of downloads to limit how it works. Plus a lot of other settings like priority what downloads first, un-rar(you have to have WinRar), combine split files(you have to have HJsplit), ect.

ravengode
meh

Post#11 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:53 pm

Yeah I've been on ICE for a couple years now and have heard all that from lurking :)
My concern came in when it was happening on all the links at the same time. Meaning I would try one it would be slow, I would shut it down and try another and it would the same speeds, shut it down and ditto on the third. I also tried not shutting down the first one before getting the second one going just to make sure my computer didn't thing it was the same file being downloaded from the same source and it just continued with the same speeds (I think I heard that was a possibility somewhere on here too).

I am also unsure if these speeds are result of me accidentally changing my internet speed config on my computer. I had ASC configure it for me back when that did it for free. And then when I couldn't connect to the media I started making sure it wasn't a virus type thing and downloaded AVG's PC Tune Up and it asked to config that as well. But AVG was just a one day trial and ASC no longer offers that part of their program for free either.

My concern with a download manager is I've read reviews that they can be like a virus in that they do the job for a couple of downloads and then slow them down slower than without them and are nigh impossible to remove from the computer afterwards. I am assuming you've not had that experience with Jdownloader?

Way wrote:Na I really don't think there is a fix for this slow speed other than paying for Premium service.

The file/server may be under heavy load causing the slow speeds.
Your location from the server may be causing the slow speeds.
The host may be limiting your speed. You can try registering for a free account or Pay for Premium.
You can try another link from the same host (if available) , or try later (server load) may be lower at that time.
You can try a download manager/ Jdownload/Orbit/Down them All/IDM/ECT.

I have Premium Mov and use Jdownloader , and I have seen one Mov link run at my max speed (18M), and the next run at (200kbs).
So I would say it is either the location of the server the file is located on or the server load at the time of the download.
Nothing will make it faster than it is.
But using Jdownloader I can que multiple links and set it to re-connect, so while I'm watching something I have already got it will run in the back ground and I really don't care how slow it is. FYI you can set the MAX speed and # of downloads to limit how it works. Plus a lot of other settings like priority what downloads first, un-rar(you have to have WinRar), combine split files(you have to have HJsplit), ect.

Way
RedTek

Post#12 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:00 pm

Nope been running Jdownload and Orbit for a few years now with no troubles on 3-5 different computers.

As far as configuring your computers connection I have use TCP Optimizer one time on my first machine, but didn't see that it helped in anyway.

Like I said I'm Premium on Mov and downloading a file at the moment with my browser, and it is running at 60-200kbps which is super slow but I'm in no hurry and will just watch something else till it is finished.

Return to “Other”