numbers prefix on mp4 download links

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
cypher85
no0b

numbers prefix on mp4 download links

Post#1 » Tue May 07, 2013 8:39 am

Hi All,

I've recently noticed that recently there is consistently a number prefix on a lot of the standard download links (mp4's), but not all of them. 1367888347_how.i.met.your.mother.823.hdtv-lol.mp4, for example. Those with number prefixes quite often will not play on the ps3. And links with prefixes are becoming more and more prevalent. Any reason why I'm having trouble on the PS3? Is this just a particular uploader who has encoded the links a certain way, and I just need to be grateful they even exist and be content to play them on my PC?

Thanks, and very appreciative of the site and all the hard work that goes into maintaining it!

Way
RedTek

Re: numbers prefix on mp4 download links

Post#2 » Tue May 07, 2013 9:50 am

Not sure on the PS3, but I would think that it is a encode issue and not the file name.
The file's are named by the release groups and the people that post them here are just searching for them and when found post them here. They have no control over the names or encodes.

Topic Author
cypher85
no0b

Post#3 » Tue May 07, 2013 10:34 am

Anybody else having this issue?

Repdaddy
Sex Robot

Post#4 » Tue May 07, 2013 12:03 pm

From what I understand MP4 files can be hit or miss with the PS3. Have you tried conversion software?
The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
I may not believe in what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it
Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it

Return to “Other”