Download Failed! every time

Moderators: Omen, Abe

Forum rules
For Search Purposes Only.. Any Violation Will Be Punished With "Death By Mugumba!"

Topic Author
kerenski
meh

Download Failed! every time

Post#1 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:50 pm

i didn't change a thing but suddenly now i can't watch any divx clips, download doesn't work either, neither does opening in a new tab...
i seriously have no idea what could be causing this, i was watching clips up until an hour ago...

every time i try to connect to a vid it gets to about attempt#5 and then a message telling me the web player is unable to download and i'm to check my internet connection... so i tried updating the player and it couldn't even find the divx server... it's sooo damn weird

i'm using the latest version of firefox with up to date greasemonkey, xp pro sp3, and divx player 1.4.2.7

please help -.-'

otis_driftwood
Oh my Santa!

Re: Download Failed! every time

Post#2 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:14 pm

something must have changed on your system for it to just up and stop playing videos, any changes made to your system/browser etc around the same time?

Topic Author
kerenski
meh

Post#3 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:16 pm

that's what's buggin' me so badly about it... the only thing i changed was the vid i was watching and now i can't watch any divx content anywhere, not only not on icefilms...

Topic Author
kerenski
meh

Post#4 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:24 pm

bwah damnit i'm gonna re-install firefox -.-

Topic Author
kerenski
meh

Post#5 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:01 pm

AAAAARGH!!! i'm goin freakin crazy over here WTF is this?!

just completely wiped firefox and still i'm getting "can't download... check connection"
i even turned off my firewall just to try -.-

how the fuck am i posting if my connection is down :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

please somebody help :'(

Topic Author
kerenski
meh

Post#6 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:46 pm

well... at least now other sites work for me again, but STILL NO LUCK ON ICEFILMS!!

this sucks so bad, i really like icefilms and i can't re-install windows atm...

please help -.-

Evilsilver
Overachiever

Post#7 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:22 pm

sounds like you got a virus....

The things that go bump in the night are nothing compared to the things that walk the streets in the middle of the day.

Topic Author
kerenski
meh

Post#8 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:13 pm

hmm, thanx a bundle...
i feel so stupid for not having thought of that meself -.-

probably because i just had a real annoying worm 2 weeks ago...

well, there ya go... hivemind ftw... just hope it helps :D

Topic Author
kerenski
meh

Post#9 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:42 am

this is so damn frustrating... -.-

found some viruses but still getting bupkus... well, at least DL'ing works, but no stream for me no more...

i'm thinking it has something to do with my network parameters....

what was that cmd-line-cmd again which resets your internet connection? ;)

i'd be willing to bet that it would work again after re-installing windows, but i've got no cd atm so that's not an option...

dkt
no0b

Post#10 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:27 pm

Ugh. I have the same problem. It started last night. I'm using stupid Microsoft Security Essentials and it's up-to-date and says everything is fine. What viruses/worms/whatever did you find?

thnx

dafthacka
no0b

Post#11 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:34 am

Ive been getting the same error since yesterday, and I havent changed any settings either.

I'm on Windowns 8, Chrome and Avast Antivirus. I don't think it a coincidence that three different systems get the same error. Have you guys been able to solve it? I cant see the video on the Divx website either.

hummingbird0979
meh

Post#12 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:39 pm

I am having the same issue. It started last night. It doesn't matter if it is 180 or Billion Uploads, I will get the "File Not Found" error when attempting to download episodes. I don't ever stream because it has never seemed to work right.

I don't know if either 180 or Billion has limits as to how much you can download at a time, but it is an intermittent problem.

Here is one link where it is doing it right now: http://www.icefilms.info/ip.php?v=13011& - Tudors S02E08

I have cleared my caches, deleted all cookies and restarted my computer multiple times. I have the most up-to-date of everything else and have not changed anything with my system in the past month that could've caused this.

(as a side note, ShareBees isn't even opening a webpage anymore. Are they completely down??)

kukoman
RedTek

Post#13 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:02 pm

What about scanning for spyware ? i recommend Malware bytes anti malware http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4716- ... lware.html
When i direct you to a videohost that you can't download from, use a program like jdownloader http://jdownloader.org/download/index?s=lng_en
Else try this addon for firefox, it can download many things also. http://www.downthemall.net/
Also Internet Download Manager does a good job (IDM) http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/

fatgirlstryhard
Relentlessly Obsessed

Post#14 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:12 pm

did you try running it without the script?

just sayin'. i never had probs running links from ice... never stream, always DDL.

p.s.: adblock and nocsript on.. ;D

p.k.weston
meh

Post#15 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:54 am

dkt wrote:Ugh. I have the same problem. It started last night. I'm using stupid Microsoft Security Essentials and it's up-to-date and says everything is fine. What viruses/worms/whatever did you find?

thnx

i'm getting exactly the same problem, and i think it has nothing to do with my system as i have tried literally everything, and no change, apart from i went to myvideolinks and tried the same link from 180 upload and it worked fine through their site, so i am sure this is something to do with icefilms. This started about 2 or 3 days ago. (sad)

Return to “Other”